Wading the park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading the park

I'm gonna go hit Galveston Island State Park and wade Dana Cove Sunday morning if anyone wants to go for a wade. Ought to be a great morning for it.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Bruce, if you change your mind about a wade i'll take you out tomorrow. We can go after church ,i'm thinking mid day bite. Let me know.

Comment

Got out there in time for them to open the gates. The tide was crazy high and I was in ankle deep water all the way hiking out to the geotubes. Started out with topwaters but never got a blow up, just a few good swirls. Switched to a corky and worked it for a while and caught a gafftop. Decided to try a slow sinking twitch bait and started getting some hits. Finally caught a nice little 18" red that destroyed the hooks on the twitchbait so shortly after I let him go I started the hike back to the car. It was a beautiful morning on the water and nice to get the line taut.

Comment

I'm headed out. Call me after church.

Comment

Good effort got u a red at least...

Comment

At least you went Bruce. I fought hard with the covers. Covers won. Was going next weekend, but looks like rain and cold. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

I couldn't believe how high the water was. I was ankle deep from the time I left my car!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.

Comment

Thanks for sharing , Bruce !
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X