Cold, Slow Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold, Slow Wade

Waded today late morning for two hours throwing a Fatboy, right after high tide and had no bumps, Partner closer the the shoreline caught two small reds on a Catch Jr. Water was clear and 49-50 degrees. Slow outgoing until about now for the low. Little with any bait showing.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Thinking about going tomorrow. Figured water temp. would be colder. Going for an afternoon bite if winds not to rough.

Comment

tough going…thanks for posting a report Kenny
      sigpic

Comment

My hands ache just thinking about being in the water!!
        Nice try but beats sitting at home wondering and dreaming about catchin!!
        At least ya'll didn't git skunked!!
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
          My hands ache just thinking about being in the water!!
          Nice try but beats sitting at home wondering and dreaming about catchin!!
          At least ya'll didn't git skunked!!
          Winter fishing can be a whole day chunking and winding for that one bite.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            Winter fishing can be a whole day chunking and winding for that one bite.
            Kinda like me hunting deer for 6 days in the 20 degree frozen weather and striking out! Some days you finally get one!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks for the report Kenny . That's winter fishing . I'll look like the Michelin Man wading.
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                Waded today late morning for two hours throwing a Fatboy, right after high tide and had no bumps, Partner closer the the shoreline caught two small reds on a Catch Jr. Water was clear and 49-50 degrees. Slow outgoing until about now for the low. Little with any bait showing.
                You were there at the right time...the trout turned on about 11:30 to 1 on Saturday...nothing but reds after that.

Comment

Gotta respect your effort...thanks for report

Comment

Yeah, I probably should have drifted deep water...
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Well, I was working and warmer. You one tuff cookie. I don't think I would have been out there. Me and cold don't get along to good. But at least you got out and tried. That's more than I did. Lord Bless.
                      robert
                      And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

All things being equal , afternoon fishing until dark is usually best , especially with an incoming tide in winter . I would tend to drift deep mud/shell early then try shallow in the afternoon . It's been cold and the official first day of winter is December 21 , I believe . Each year gets tougher when you start getting older with the body betraying you .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sorry for your lack of luck, but at least I know it may not be me. I take solace in the wise words of Bob Dylan: "I would not feel so all alone; everybody must get shunked" or something like that. I'd figured it was my. Bad luck, seeing as how the Texans haven't won and I haven't caught a red or spec sibce returning to Texas Oct. 1.

Comment

I'm not complaining rev, and don't expect to always catch fish, especially in just a few hours under poor conditions. On the bright side, I do live at the beach.
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Yeah , you lucky dog . I have to travel from memorial city mall area . It's one reason why I fish all day . But I shouldn't complain . Some travel farther . TROPHEYTROUTMAN travels from Cypress I believe .

Comment

Working...
                              X