No announcement yet.

Where O Where in west bay should I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where O Where in west bay should I go?

Guys I need help. Im a new used boat owner.I have launched at causeway but I need to know where some good drifting areas are nearby so I can take my Dad and Daughter-neither are able to wade.

Buy a hot spot map to give you coordinates of some of the mid bay reefs. I would recommend fishing the winter spots for another couple of weeks. Wind, tide and weather are stuck in February.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
      Buy a hot spot map to give you coordinates of some of the mid bay reefs. I would recommend fishing the winter spots for another couple of weeks. Wind, tide and weather are stuck in February.
      As a followup, I would suggest that in about 3 to 4 weeks time you may try drifting Caranchua Reef or Snake Island Cove [Caranchua Reef would be easiest to access if there is still a public ramp at Jamaica Beach (bayside)]; Snake Island from the Marina at Sea Isle (probably a launch fee)

Comment

Sounds good to me .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          Sounds good to me .
          appreciate the advice guys thankyou

Comment

The fun part about it is simply burning some gas, cruising around, and exploring. Throw out an offer on the board to take a couple folks fishing, you buy the gas, in turn they show you a couple spots...plus you get to meet some good people and make new friends
            sigpic

Comment

That's the best advice. Take a couple of locals fishing and we'll show you a few good spots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

confederate reef south west of South deer Island would be a close spot to drift also

Comment

Working...
                X