Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Fishing - Need some help

Hello everyone,

I just moved to Spring from Lafayette, LA for work relocation. I am wanting to get some fishing done as I have not been able to go once all year due to the move. I am without a boat for a little while and looking for some spots for walk-in wade fishing. I've heard/read that Fort Anahuac, McCollum Park, and TX City Dike are all good spots with easy access to try out (McCollum Park is iffy about easy access I've heard). Does anyone have a better recommendation on where I should try? Like I said earlier, I live in Spring but am up for traveling just about any where to fish.

Thanks

Can't speak for Bay town area but anywhere off skyline drive near the dike in Texas City are good safe wading areas. Catch a good incoming tide and it will increase your chances. Good luck.

Comment

Several great spots on the back of san luis pass. You can access the flat or the shell from the right side of the bridge on Galveston side and the entire front and back shore on the Freeport side. There is a lot of areas to choose from with a different underwater structure for each one.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Go introduce yourself on the new members page. Maybe you can meet up with somebody to show you some wading spots. A hook & Line wade & kayak map is a worthwhile investment as well.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

What's a Louisiana boy like yourself doing wade fishing ?! HAR ! I know , no boat yet . Dang son , Spring ? Last time I fished Sabine I met one of a pair of follows from Lafayette at the Louisiana causeway ramp . I went alone because my pals couldn't fish Friday . I bet you know Sabine . You could show me around Sabine some Friday or Saturday , I prefer Friday . Almost the same drive as to galveston . I've fished Sabine maybe 4/5 times . I have a Louisiana license .. Walk in at the " condos " on Christmas Bay , Ernie's 2 on Christmas Bay , San Louis Pass bay side opposite the toll booth Galveston side , Galveston State Park , Snake Island Cove entering next to the fishing pier at Sea Isle , Sky Line Drive and Mosquito Island at the Texas City Dike . Go to Academy and get a HOOK N LINE wade fish map of West Bay and other bays .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X