Finally Established a Pattern- 7-11-14 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Established a Pattern- 7-11-14 Report

Been fishing a cove in West Bay for the past few weeks using a pattern established over the last couple of years. Fish would normally be shallow early, then move out to a drop off as the day went on. When they were shallow, they would concentrate at the edge of a shell/ sand bottom moving up and down the shore chasing bait fish. However, this year, the area had produced significantly less than usual. Whether due to pressure or maybe even development in the area, what was apparent, was that the fish just weren't coming out compared to past numbers. Luckily though, I stuck it out and, more importantly, changed my strategy. Instead of starting shallow, I would concentrate my efforts deep and that turned out to be the ticket. The fish weren't in 2-3 ft in the morning, they were in 5-7. Also, after accidentally finding a small shell pad in the drop off, it turns out the fish would move up and down that reef. Initially, all I caught were flounder (which is how I found the shell pad). But after a while, I did start catching trout. So finally, after trial and error, I have something consistent going! Fish would come off tops in the morning, then corkies later in the day. Even managed to get my girlfriend on her personal best trout of 5lbs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jhua; July 13, 2014, 10:54 AM.
    Resident Ninja

Flounder!

Pic
    Attached Files
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Very nice stringers Jhua.
      Congrats on the PB.

Comment

Real nice way to stay at it !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice going! Congrats to the GF!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I knew you were up to something! Nice strings!
            Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Great write up and congrats to the GF. Same here on the depth 4-7 is the range I have been catching.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Great catch and congrats on gf's pb!!
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice going!

Comment

Working...
                  X