Cool Front Fiasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Front Fiasco

Keith(Hogie70) and myself said this cool down should trigger a good bite.....It did.We both strung double limits on Saturday and a couple of big flatties to go with it.An overcast sky,light north wind,green water and a bait covered shoreline were the ideal conditions that made for a steady bite throughout the day.These trout were running bait all over the place,from knee deep to chest deep,they were not screwing around yesterday,they were eating!.The (clown)spook jr was drawing some viscious strikes from 3-4 lbers.These trout were doing somersaults and coming out of the water and down on top of the spooks.Purple,plum and black/chartreuse tails accounted for most of the fish.Norton sand eels and Hogie eel diablos have been the norm as of late.The trout were in knee to chest deep water over hard sand.After we got our trout,we made a short run to another shoreline,jumped out in knee deep water and busted 2 limits of reds in about 30Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	575513Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	575514 minutes.Purple and black tails were the ticket for the reds.Excellent day on the water.We had a couple of trout pushing 5 and a half dozen or more in the 4 lb range.Biggest red was right at 6 and the flatties were both 3 lbers.(Had a trout slide over the edge of the boat in the water at the ramp,my fault).
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

The redfish were pissed off at stop 2. I had my 3 redfish in 15 minutes it was a bad day to be a eel diablo fo sho.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good report good fishing good eating , y'all did it again !
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Dammit!!! Awesome day guys!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Cool Front Fiasco

The trout were pissed off at stop 1 also. So Jamin and I put on a anger management class. The findings were if you were 6 inches in a dark color with a chartreuse tail the trout or redfish didn't like you. hmmmmmm interesting lol
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Heck of a day guys. Nice catching!!

Comment

My dawgs!!!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Y'all have been killin' them!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Awesome catch guys!!!
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

The catching machines!

Comment

Wow! Really nice!

Comment

Great catch guys!!

Comment

Oh man , what a couple great days !
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

WOW really good catch guys. I wasn't so lucky, went out for only a couple of hours later Saturday and didn't do so well. Went briefly sunday and only nailed one keeper red on a chrome spook jr.

Comment

Flapper
                              I've been fishing over shell a lot lately. Maybe I should try hitting the hard sand bottoms first as I have not done so well over the shell casting in 5 plus foot of water from waste deep. What do you think? I could use a good day like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X