Do you wear waders? Noob Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear waders? Noob Questions

Do most of y'all wear real waders? I mean are there any issues with the water or marine life? How about just some old pants, boots and some ray guards, maybe a fishing vest?

Thanks in advance.

I use to wear waders only when the water got cold. But about 10 years ago I
    started wearing them all the time because of the Bacteria.
    Heck I even wear them when gigging in shallow water.

Comment

I don't .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I dont until the nads run and hide when I get in usually 70 and below water temp
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

This time of year I usually wear wading pants to help avoid jelly fish. I start wearing breathable waders when the water gets cooler. I did recently get a couple good scrapes which led to me getting vibrio vulnifica.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I recommend wearing them every time. The jellyfish is one thing, but if your anything like me you WILL end up loosing your balance and banging your knee on the oyster or even worse on some hidden underwater obstruction and cutting yourself wide open. The bacteria is what you should worry about. Cooler water days probably not, just between the summer and autumn days. But you will come to love your neoprene's in November and December.

Comment

I have breathables that leak some and neoprene. Get a little wet, but I get wetter using jogging pants. Neoprene is a must in the winter with long johns. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Little bit of the famous remedy will cure that. DUCT TAPE

Comment

Marine goop
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

I also go commando .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Wade nekked! Hooohoooo!
                      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                        I also go commando .
                        That's a mental image I can do without.
                        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Thanks for the info I will look into the different types.

Comment

Just so you know Ive got an acquaintance that wore waders last summer, got a blister from his boots and got vibrio anyway.Lost his leg.

Comment

Working...
                            X