Double Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Limits

Hello, I haven't been fishing much since I sold my boat back in April, but I recently picked up a small shallow sport. Worked out a few items with it and I'm back fishing again. This morning started with a stiff NE breeze, so we found some protected water behind a small reef, but no bait, and not fish there. Next we headed to a small grassy cove and threw plum plastics with 1/16 oz. jigheads against the windward shore and caught about 6 trout to 3 lbs and a small red. Left that cove to find another one to fish, but with the wind blowing down the bay, everyone else had the same idea so we abandon that plan and went to another shell reef. This one had some bait and within an hour we finished off our limits on plastics slowing hopping off the bottom. Went back to the grass flats looking for reds, throwing ss jrs and weedless spoons. Had one trout almost at 5 lbs. on top, which was released and few reds, but only one keeper. We need a few more fronts and fishing will be off the hook. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	575651
    Attached Files

Great report and catch. X2 on the fronts.
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good job Steveo
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job Steve. Forgot the limit was 5 down there, hope it helps out that bay system.

Comment

Good job Steve.Yep,we need a hard cold front to commit those fish to the shorelines.
          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

There ya go bud good report good fishing
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great report and fish. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice stringers indeed...WTG

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Nice results .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Awesome! nice report

Comment

Originally posted by scanoefisher View Post
                      Awesome! nice report
                      X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, don't know why I have a photo of my prop in there. i think the 5 fish limit is going to change the way I fish as I think I'll be looking at more areas to fish now, also won't be keeping anything under 17". Went back again today and what a difference a day makes, winds turn 180 degrees to the SW, water dropped out 4-5" and all we could catch were dinks.

Comment

nice report man good catching

Comment

Working...
                          X