No announcement yet.

Update on Sportsman? Dana? And shrimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Sportsman? Dana? And shrimp?

I miss wading the end of Sportsman Road off 8-Mile. Last fall the police began towing vehicles parked near the end of the road, and an officer said there was no non-resident parking along Sportsman all the way to 8-Mile. But, wistful of better days, I recently drove to the end and found several cars parked outside the no-parking signs. So does anyone know what's up? Were and are vehicles running a risk of being towed, or has the GPD found mercy in its heart?

Also, are places like Dana Cove ready for spring action?

And when should I find shrimp in my cast net? And where? (PM me if you know.) You see, I found such a great place years ago at Corpus and brought home all the shrimp we could eat. While deciding to move to Galveston I boastfully promised my wife I could do the same here. Wrong -- at least so far.

crickets...lol, ask again Sunday after the tournament!!

Comment

From what I understand, you can still park on Sportsmans as long as you are outside the no parking signs.

As far as places like Dana and others, if you are waiting your missing out.

When it comes to shrimp, I would advise you read the TPWD website on the regulations. There are only certain areas you are allowed to keep shrimp from. Many areas are considered nursery areas and you may not keep them at all if caught. Then there are some areas you may keep them only during open seasons. The information is all there.

Comment

Working...
      X