Drive up Wade locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive up Wade locations

Kinda got the SLP thing figured out but what other good wade spots are good for a days fishing driving down from north of Houston?

is skyline drive off texas city dike any good?

can you drive and fish millers point flats across from San leon

how bout sportsmans road, can you walk out to confederate reef?

i see moodys point is not bad by the paddle boat.

any details you would like to share about fishing the afore mentioned locations would be appreciated, or any other good recommendations

It is too deep for you to wade out to Confederate from sportmans road but that can be a good area to wade fish at times so keep that in mind. Personally, I would go to the end of the road and start there.
    1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed27 View Post
      It is too deep for you to wade out to Confederate from sportmans road but that can be a good area to wade fish at times so keep that in mind. Personally, I would go to the end of the road and start there.
      Watch where you park They are towing cars.

Comment

I see that Sportsmans is problematic due to parking (and overcrowded?)

any thoughts on wading millers/skyline before the dike?

Comment

Fishing off Skyline can be good at times. You can't access Miller's without a boat, kayak, or swimming a ways.

Comment

Dollar flats farther up Skyline Drive is a spring fishing area . You can walk in on the Seabrook side of the Clear Lake entrance . Get a Hook N Line wade map , not the boat map.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Skyline at Dollar Flats is a good spot, but a few years back there were some issues of your truck being broken into. I have caught some nice trout there in the late afternoon with a good tide on top water.

Comment

I'm liking the dollar flats idea.

Is is the rising or falling tide the ticket?

reason I ask is SLP when I fished it in March was a falling tide producer and would shut off on the turn in.

Comment

Incoming ... Near high tide in the morning is best I think . A spring Years ago I was in the water before dawn . The sun was rising on my right and the full moon setting on my left .... Strong minor feeding period . A XXX day on Well's forecast . A school of 3-4 pound trout started feeding . I netted 5 on a Mirrolure Snake Dancer broken back and lost some before they moved out beyond casting range . About that time the crowd arrived . Two guys with live shrimp near me were fishing . One said to the other after a while , " it's a XXX day and theres no fish " with a disgusted tone . I went back the next morning before sunrise , same conditions , same place ..... Zip , nada , zero , ziltch .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I've killed it at sea wolf , on the left, right before the entrance
                    FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Amen to that doc...

Comment

Skyline and Dollar are best in summer months as an alternative when the surfs screwed up. And yes, a strong incoming works best.

Comment

Working...
                        X