Saturday in west bay wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday in west bay wade

Me and brother in law cperez0224 headed down to try the surf in Surfside fri and sat but got skunked in the beautiful green water. We camped on the beach and hit the surf that night and first thing at daybreak. All we got was a beautiful sunrise. Next stop was our usual spot around the corner from SLP wading the gut behind the 4condos. Fished the mid day orutgoing and the evening outgoing and hauled in 7 specs between the two of us. Ignore the Reds as they fell off the truck. Caught mostly on plastic and one on popping cork. Threw electric chicken, and cucuracha loco chicken boy.

Stayed out there until sundown and watched the full moon come up after a beautiful sunset. As this occurred, the flats behind us came alive with schools of shad or minnows getting hit hard by trout. Charlie pulled one out once I got him to turn around and lay witness to the frenzy. Hey threw into a bait school and immediately landed the biggest trout of the day for us.

i tried to throw pearl chartreuse bubba clickers and a bone silver spook jr into these schools but couldn't get anything hooked up. Really disappointing we couldn't knock it out in that event but I guess I didn't know quite what to do as it was just the moon light and I could barely see but could hear everything breaking around us and it was a little Paris in the dark!

What was almost magical about the whole thing was the bait busting all around us in knee deep water. You could hear the grunting and feel it in the water as trout were making runs on these pockets of bait.

One question I have is what what should I have been throwing in the full moon at those breaking schools of bait? They had no interest in the spook jr I threw into these schools??

Never wade fished on a full moon, but rumor has it that black or a dark colored top water might work...gotta love wading among feeding fish on a full moon as you describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
      Never wade fished on a full moon, but rumor has it that black or a dark colored top water might work...gotta love wading among feeding fish on a full moon as you describe it.
      Absolutely. A black Super Spook or junior are excellent for night as well as twilight.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

More than likely Glass Minnows.
        It's that time off the year. Feeding frenzy when the sun is going down.

Comment

Nice report!

Comment

Who'd a thunk that a black spook would be hitting at night. Thanks for sharing that bit of insight. I'd of thought just the opposite.

Comment

Great report. Nothing like throwing that black super spook at night and hearing the clickty click and hear and feel the trout take it. Love it!!!!
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for the report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice catching

Comment

What is considered a black super or spook jr? I've seen the jr in black and silver spec and the super in black and silver shad but not real black. Can I paint either of these blacker on the bottom underbelly? What kind of paint is best?

Comment

Black Shad is what I use, but I don't see why you couldn't paint them.
                      This links to an example.
                      Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Heddon Super Spook Jr X9236 - Black Shore Shad at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	spook.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	561918An absolute killer in the dark!If the wind is light,I will throw a solid black spook jr.
                        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]30773[/ATTACH]An absolute killer in the dark!If the wind is light,I will throw a solid black spook jr.
                          That's it!

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]30773[/ATTACH]An absolute killer in the dark!If the wind is light,I will throw a solid black spook jr.
                            Ohhhh I wish I had one of those last Saturday night!!

It was crazy

Ill be prepared next time.

Comment

Working...
                            X