Last Three Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Three Trips

I have been in a slump for the last couple months. A spring pattern never materialized and fish were hard to come by. For some odd reason, I decided to fish one of my summer spots which in retrospect, I don't know why it is a "summer" spot. Anyways, last week was the first time to fish it and it produced a limit of trout with many of the fish coming off topwaters. It felt good to get fish on top. I just concentrated on jumping mullet and got some vicous blow ups. The next trip was very similar but with a lot more blow ups and less hook ups. I had to get my corky devils and soft plastics to hook up.

Today, I actually got there early, compared to a 7 or 8 AM start, and walked out there by 620. I was hoping for an epic dawn topwater bite but the bait never came. I just relyrelied on the location to produce. I threw tops over a rock shell section and got a few, then it would shut off for a bit. I would then switch to a corky devil or soft plastic get a few and then repeat. While I did catch plenty on top, i mainly used the topwater to locate the fish.

I think I have broken my dey spell with 3 trips and 3 limits of trout. All fish were released.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150521_084837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	576304Click image for larger version

Name:	20150521_070331.jpg
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	576305Click image for larger version

Name:	20150521_063110.jpg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	576306Click image for larger version

Name:	20150519_083450.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	576307Click image for larger version

Name:	20150519_084532.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	576308Click image for larger version

Name:	20150519_081325.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	576309
    Resident Ninja

Sweet, sounds like your definitely out of that slump.
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

Comment

Thanks for the report. Nice fish and congrats on getting out of the slump.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Great job and photos. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I think I'm
          In a slump. It's been tough lately. Congrats on your success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going jhua!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

WTG. Been a while from posting. Glad you're on them again. Lord Bless.
              robert
              And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Thanks for the report ! You broke out of your funk in a big way . There are no rules .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Holy Moly, nice comeback from the slump!!! Thanks for the report!

Comment

Great pics Jonathan. Glad you got on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X