Last Four Trips- 06/21 - 06/25 Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Four Trips- 06/21 - 06/25 Reports

Started the week with a bang! Hopped in over some sand and shell and found lots of bait moving around. From 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM it was spectacular. Using a combination of white chartruese and speckled teout psttern spook jrs, I managed a lot of fish. They were very aggressive with many taking one swipe and then hooking up. When there was a lull in the action, I put on a pink corky devil and had some good bone jarring hits.

One Tuesday, I took my buddy out since he wanted a meat haul and found a very similar situation. Working tops early, my buddy keyed in on the trout using a small mango skitterwalk. I hadn't even strung one fish to his four that he caught. I eventually got into a groove using the pink corky devil. Today was more about concentrating on rafts of mullet around the structure instead of the structure itself.

Wednesday, I decided to take a relative of mine who wanted to get in on the action. We went out to my usual spot to find lots of waders and boats there. No biggie, as we went to plan "B." Plan "B" is very similar to the aand and shell, just a lot more shallow. We came across a very shallow reef and found trout busting up mullet in less than knee deep water. My cousin made a cast towards the feeding fish and work his topwater back. Two clacks in a fish popped his topwater...and I saw his bait rocketing back towards him. Rookie mistake. I made a cast over there and had the same fish blow up 4 pr 5 times before taking my white chartruese topwater. It turned out to be a 6.5 lb trout! We ended the day with a few but I still wanted more.

Today, I headed out a bite late and arrived at 730. Immediately got out there and started working tops...to no avail. Despite there being bait, no fish was hitting tops. So I switched to the trusty pink corky devil and caught fish in sporadic bursts. Unfortunately, I had a boat come up within 20yds and shut the bite down.

Overall though, it has been an amzing week that has got all the elements I could wish for.
    Attached Files
    Resident Ninja

Good job, son!

Comment

Man!! That water color is beautiful and the big trout even more so!!!
      Great job!!
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
        Man!! That water color is beautiful and the big trout even more so!!!
        Great job!!
        X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good fishing Jonathan! Thanx for the report. Haven't had any luck with tops myself lately. May be time to break out the devils.
          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Great report and photos.

Comment

Nice catching Jonathan. Great pics too.

Comment

Hopefully my camera mount will come in soon so I can make more videos!
                Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice stringers Jhua! Glad to see you back on them!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very good report Jhua, and good pics too.
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Fantastic report Jhua. Great pics. Lord Bless.
                      robert
                      And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Great report and pics!!!
                        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Great pics and great report, thank you.
                          "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Nice report !

Comment

Great stretch of fishing ... Thanks for the report !
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X