• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCD pocket

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-13-06-09-41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	576516 thinking about taking my wife wading this shoreline today, after the game. Any advice? Wind is gonna be bad so we don't want to take the boat out unless it's in the creek or one of the bayou's.
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

I've never fished that little pocket . Ships traverse the channel so keep an eye out for wakes . Did you go ?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

No, didn't get out yesterday and had to work Saturday. I haven't had the boat out going on 3 weeks. It's either wind, rain or people coming over. I'm starting to worry about the gas in boat a lil, it's been so long.
      Mike Mathena

Comment

Make sure you never Wade there between late april- mid June liable to get your arm popped outta socket,have caught some really nice specs in that pocket during spring and early summer,I don't know how it would be this time of year.
        Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Temps have started cooling down so we're about to have another pattern change, might be work a shot
          Mike Mathena

Comment

I fished mosquito island a long time ago. Quit going when they started charging. I fished skyline, but after the hurricane, haven't been back. Watch out for the hole on the left side of the dike. Heard there were people that were drown when they got to close to the hole. You can google it and you'll see the hole on the left side of the dike and close to skyline. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Robert , the $5 charge is for the Dike and Skyline Drive . You can't just cruise the Skyline Drive without paying $5 .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

WOW, didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Lord Bless.
                robert
                And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

They only charge dusk till dawn.
                  Mike Mathena

Comment

I tried to cruise the skyline Drive on a Friday 11 am . Traffic cones direct you to the pay station where you pay $5 and u - turn to the skyline drive .

Comment

Just watch the pilot boats more than the push boats with the barges. They throw a hell of a wake.

Comment

Very true. Luckily I got drenched by a wave during summer on skyline while wading. Lord Bless.
                        robert

Comment

Working...
                        X