Fishing the Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the Surf

The Surf has been flat all day and looks great for wading. Has anyone tried it?
    I can't get down until Friday morning, and I am hoping it will stay flat.

Gonna try it in the morning.

Comment

Go get em Toby!

Comment

Reports? I'm headed down this afternoon and may try this evening if it stays like it is now.

-FP

Comment

It was clean to the beach yesterday afternoon, looked really nice but had to work.

Tuesday morning it was slow, water was a bit off color close in. Nothing on top and ground out 3 barely-keepers on jigs. Went again in the afternoon. Still slow but caught a decent red.

Comment

The fish are there.The trout are moving up and down those guts and bars feeding pretty aggressively.A good 15-20 minute flurry,then slow for 15 minutes,then another flurry of action.The better fish are coming on spooks(black early and then anything chrome).The soft plastic bite has been good also when that sun gets up(color hasn't seemed to matter).This evening should set up perfect when that sun starts to drop.
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Thanks for the info I am headed down this afternoon.

Comment

I heard it was slower than yesterday and a fisherman every 20 yards, don't expect it to get any better on Friday.

Comment

I did Ok yesterday morning walking the bar throwing a chrm/chrt XL hard bait . It was getting rough yesterday evening and didn't get a bite. Really sporty this morning early but the water still looked Ok. Sandy now, so it's over until the next time.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Just wait for the next north wind. Fun while it lasted!

Comment

Working...
                    X