Funny Thing Happened This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Thing Happened This Morning

West bay fishing has been very, very good. Almost no wind and strong incoming tide this morning.
    I was out at dawn wading shallow shell and catching decent fish working the topwaters very slowly with lots of stops. I threw to a slight drop off and boom, immediately hooked up with a 4# fish, so I throw back over to the same spot, did a 10 count and one twich...boom. Another trout and another. walked a ways and cast to bait activity in deeper water and was slammed, with the fish going air-born doing flips. I think it's a Skipjack, but as it did a lightening fast run across in front of me I see it's a really big Spanish Mackerel. It turned running toward me, launched, and hit me square in the chest! Luckily I wasn't hooked and the impact freed the fish. Between 6:00 -7:30 I caught and released 9 trout to #5. A SS jr. Jimmy Houston was working best, but some came on bone, and a blk.chrm Shepup.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

nice

Comment

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Awesome report!

Comment

Great catch bro

Comment

Great report!

Comment

I wish I could have seen that ! What a terrific morning . Thank you for sharing that .... Great report .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I wish I could have seen that ! What a terrific morning . Thank you for sharing that .... Great report .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report and catch!!!
                    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good report kenny

Comment

Thanks for the report Kenny!! Glad ya aint walking around with a spannymac hanging off your chest like a medal.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report.
                          "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Good times for sure Kenny. That's just crazy.
                            Wish you were wearing a GoPro.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
                              Good times for sure Kenny. That's just crazy.
                              Wish you were wearing a GoPro.
                              That's one of several things that will never happen while I'm fishing including a GoPro, music, light bar, and a powerpole!
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X