1-15-2017 bay flats lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-15-2017 bay flats lodge

I attended a surprise birthday party fishing trip in Seadrift . A group of fishing friends arrived Saturday and fished Sunday . Birthday boy thought his wife had arranged the trip for only the two of them . He was completely bamboozaled . Bay Flats Lodge owned by Chris Martin is a 5 star fishing lodge with upscale accommodations , food , and guides at very reasonable prices . Two boats drifted and my boat waded . It was windy and ankle deep mud but great fun for a 8 hour trip . We caught more throw back trout and reds than keepers but I was the only one in my boat that wanted to keep the fillets so I came away with a nice bag of fillets . My corky netted the best trout at 21 inches and I lost a 24/25 inch one . My buddy Captain Eppi Garza lost a 3 pounder and the guide says he lost a 6/7 pound trout that cut him off. They threw plastics and I used corkys , fat boys , ED special and Mirolure Catch 5 .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Sounds like a great time! I was down that way back in July at Port O' Connor. Same thing happened to us wading, a lot of throw backs but it sure was fun catching!

Comment

Sounds like a great trip. Fillets from those smaller size fish make for
      the best eating. Glad you got out and caught a mess of fish.

Comment

WTG Henry! Glad you guys had a good time. BTY, is that Peter Griffin from Family Guy on the left?
        Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
        "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
          WTG Henry! Glad you guys had a good time. BTY, is that Peter Griffin from Family Guy on the left?
          Good eye , John ! Just before I clicked the shutter this gumba jumped into the picture frame. As it turns out , he was with another group and quite the jokester and funny guy. He actually does the voice over for the character Peter Griffin . And you're right , he actually looks like the character he portrays. I got his autograph.
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
          X