No announcement yet.

Looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im quite sure how deep it gets in the cut where the boats leave to get from Lake Como to get out into Pirates Bay...but thats where we were catching the specks. I would guess 5 feet, and we were throwing from our waist...2 1/2 to 3 feet.

Comment

Waded Dana Cove with Aqua Pimp recently and it is a bit muddy, but not too bad. Isn't there a fee to drive into GISP, to park at the entry to Dana?
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I think is $5 per vehicle or per person, only gone there twice last year

Comment

Lake Como is deep I've never seen people wading it at any spot other than near the Stuart Mansion and on into Dana's Cove. The bottom (Because of the Geo Tubes) has started to grow grass the area gets very shallow as you get back to the drains near Stuart Road. There is a gut that goes through the area where Dana's Cove and Dalehite Cove meet Lake Como... We've marked the channel going in & out of Lake Como and into Dalehite Cove which is the one that is dredged and managed... You need a shallow water running boat to go into State Park & Dana's Cove.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Just be careful when parking on the bay side of San Luis Pass.......Many vehicles have been broken into while people were out wade fishing.

Comment

Working...
            X