Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know how they work out.. I bet they will get rid of the chafing

Comment

I have been stung twice while surfing back home in San Diego and would like to avoid it again.

Looks like lightning does strike the same place twice. I think I'll get the ones that Troutchaser had on when he got hit with no penetration.

Plus think of it like this.... Your out by yourself and no one around and your a couple hundred yards out in mud. You get hit, good luck walking on it AKA... good luck getting back in. And if lighting strikes twice on your good foot (because your hoping)... get a subscription to netflix and a LOT of beer cause your gonna have nothing but time.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
        Did you get the new G2 ray guards from Forever last? I just found out that if you purchase the G1 online, they send you the G2 version (I hope)!

Nah, off the shelf at Academy.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I'm usually in shorts but good idea might as well utilize the zip kind...

On another note, anyone find any wading pants that don't have the bathing suit liner? I usually cut them out...
          I wear pants always...I feel creepy things brushing against my legs otherwise....besides the main reason to wear pants are JELLYFISH stinging you. Never seen any pants without junk netting...I cut it off and wear cotton gym style shorts.
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
            I like my snake boots, comfy

and heavy....

Comment

X2 on the jellyfish. I think I've used household ammonia for the stings. Gonna have to start seriously looking at a pair of sting ray guareds now.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Remind me to buy you a beer!

Heading there on my way down the Island.
                Did you try em out yet???

Comment

Are ray guards necessary if wearing waders? I'm assuming yes as one of the members here mentioned a barb going all the way through to bone. I'm considering getting some but didn't know they were so expensive. I think someone mentioned over $100. Still, cheaper than a trip to the hospital I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfishman View Post
                    Are ray guards necessary if wearing waders? I'm assuming yes as one of the members here mentioned a barb going all the way through to bone. I'm considering getting some but didn't know they were so expensive. I think someone mentioned over $100. Still, cheaper than a trip to the hospital I guess.
                    I wear wind river guards from FTU over reef boots in the winter. I don't see many rays in the winter either. I don't know if they go deep or what?
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Definitely needed with or without waders. The expensive ones they are talking about have the boot and guards combined. I bought snake boots from Irish Setter (Red Wing) online for $139.00 and will never wear anything else.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

The magellan wade pants are great they fit great on guys with skinny legs and a big beer belly. I dont even need a belt with them. Pants legs unzip and you have a pair of shorts. Dry quick too.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Definitely needed with or without waders. The expensive ones they are talking about have the boot and guards combined. I bought snake boots from Irish Setter (Red Wing) online for $139.00 and will never wear anything else.
                          I also wear neoprene booties under them when not in waders.
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sucks when a jellyfish gets stuck down under those guards

Comment

So, most everyone wet-wades during the warmer parts of the year? I've wet-waded both times I've gone (w/no ray guards) but was thinking about getting a pair of light weight waders that I could also use for the early part of duck season. I have a pair of heavy-weight waders but they'd be waaaay to hot for this time of year. I just wasn't sure if ray guards were needed if I was wearing waders. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                                I also wear neoprene booties under them when not in waders.
                                LOL That's all that you can find that come in Sasquatch size!
                                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                                X