No announcement yet.

Rubber mesh wade nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i unfortunately had to cut the barbs off the trebles from two of my corky's this weekend cuz they got intertwined in my net .... this thread just brought back bad memories!

lol its ok though, already replaced them when I got back home =P

Comment

Boga

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
        Well I geuss i will go ahead and post up on this one. This is just my opinoin about "Begging loops" they are no part of my wading arsenal. I may soak a craoker or two every now and then but you will never see me wade fishing with a "begging loop. It is just something about grabbing the shoulders of that 5 plus pounder and have them splash you in the face and continue to battle until the 3-6th attempt you put your hands on em. On top of that back in the 80s I had one of the biggest trout ever on the hook spit the hook because of a net. If they get off at least I got to see em and if they are that big they probably need to go back anyway. Its the part where you see where they are hooked and you know if you really got em or is it just barely in the lip and your heart starts pumping knowing one wrong move and they are outta there. Heres an example of what I am talking about. My 12 YO nephew caught his first trout last year in the surf. He kept saying someone Come help me get this fish. I told him I loved him but it was between him and the fish. I think he drowned that trout with air but eventually he had it in his hand. He then asked me to string it for him. I handed him the stringer and he looked at me. I once again told him it was between him and the fish and I couldn't help him. I pointed and showed him where to put the stringer and he did eventually. I am telling you the smile on his face when he dragged that little trout to the beach was priceless. It was small but his smile was as big as texas. He knew that day that he had tken his first trout withe the most primitive means involving hook and line. I had several other friends wading with me that commented how patient i was with him and that they thought I taught him a life lesson. Thats just my two cent on Begging Loops.

I agree with you on the adrenaline rush. But I finally caved and bought one. I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to give it a shot. I have lost too many trout this summer that were barely hooked from a topwater and it really makes me mad on a slow day. Another thought....if I ever hooked a STAR winning trout or tagged red and he was barely hooked, I wouldn't have an adrenaline rush it would be more like a heart attack. If I lost one of those fish because I didn't have a net, I would never forgive myself. I think it will make me feel better just knowing it's there if I need it.
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

That topwater treble always seems to find the net, I only wade with one during the STAR. Just in case...

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
            I've got the ego as well works good.The rubber piece on the end and the red cable on the end could be better.I've seen them break on wading with friends that have them.
            Yep, mine broke there. But, I do like the rubber mesh much better . Also, I don't like the overly large handle circumference. I have small hands.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
              I agree with you on the adrenaline rush. But I finally caved and bought one. I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to give it a shot. I have lost too many trout this summer that were barely hooked from a topwater and it really makes me mad on a slow day. Another thought....if I ever hooked a STAR winning trout or tagged red and he was barely hooked, I wouldn't have an adrenaline rush it would be more like a heart attack. If I lost one of those fish because I didn't have a net, I would never forgive myself. I think it will make me feel better just knowing it's there if I need it.
              What if you lose it because of a net? Which I have done beore!!You never know!! LOL Rubber mesh is the way to go however.Good luck!!
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
                i have a ego.. like it alot but dont use it often cuz it seems to get in the way.. nets in general
                x2, I use the Berkley fish gripper in the pistol grip model. It's very ergonomic, small and light.
                Happy Fishin'
                Chicken

Comment

I just like to have one for the summer when the man in the grey suit is a real possibility. I'd rather foul 25 topwaters in net webbing before reaching down and having a big bull or blacktip take a pass at my right hand even once.

I'm funny that way

Comment

I know this post is a little dated, but just found it and wanted to put my 2 pennies in...

The blue net at Academy is actually ours and I really appreciate the nice comments some of you made. We put a lot of thought and testing into this net before producing and shipping to our retailers. Sales of this net have been incredible!

In all honesty, I'm not too big on carrying a net myself. I try to keep my wading equipment to a minimum. However, there are key times of the year that I won't leave the boat without my net...during tournaments, STAR season and when the sharks seem a little "froggy". Like Tomcat said, I just don't want to reach down to pick up a wiggling fish and have my hand mistaken for a fish sandwich!

Rubber-coated nylon is the way to geo if you ever fish with treble hooks. Thanks again for the nice comments about our net. Don't worry boat-fisherman...we have a new landing net on the way that will blow your mind!! Like everything we make, it will be top quality at a very affordable price.
                    www.FishAndHunt.com

Comment

Working...
                    X