468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was the duck killin on the coast this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was the duck killin on the coast this year?

Not looking for specifics just asking how the duck hunting was this past year. This last cold snap had my dad and I talking about the good ole days when we used to hunt the bays south of SLP. Red heads, Bluebill, Pintails with the occasional goose. Man what great memories.

Hear the crickets? That's about how the duck hunting was all over this year It had it's days, the birds did not hold here and moved on the rice fields are no longer here... Birds go to the food...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Ahh man dont tell me that. Back in the 80s we used to slay the birds. Good times

Comment

I had a good time. Didn't hunt as hard as I wish I had, but it was fun and got some firsts. Definentely not "hot" action though.

Comment

saw thousands of birds just couldnt get to where they were most of the time. i had alot of fun and shot a fair amount of birds of i think 10 species. i also went out alot and only got skunked once. great year for me.

Comment

Kylie,
            Now that is encouraging. Thats why they call it hunting and not killin I guess.
            thanks

Comment

Working...
            X