Glock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    MM... dang son! Lets go to the range I need a good instructor!
    Im not really that good, I was just making a point. I agree it is "cool" to have a extremely high cap magazine, but it is not practical. I am more for teaching good technique and good form and lots of practice, then you wont need as much ammo.

Statistically, most gun fights on the streets go by the rule of threes: 3 shots, 3 feet, 3 seconds. Then it is done. I do own an XD that can hold 12 rounds, but I typically only load it with 10, and I am partial to my 1911 that carris 8 in the mag.

Also, an old saying is, you have a pistol so you can fight your way to your rifle or shotgun. In some cases this may be true.

Practice, Practice and more practice is the most important thing in my opinon, not more ammo. Good luck and good shooting everyone.

Also, +1 what Moonpie said, great weapons, just take care of them or shoot jacketed ammo.

M.M.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Yah but I was saying I can't shoot all that well I'm not consistent and have never been shown how to properly hold one, aim, etc... I bought my pistol after shooting a friends 5-6 times. Its the only one I own. I probably just need some simple pointers and then more practice.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

It's not that bad, you get used to it pretty quick. Of course it's not as comfortable as a full sized grip, but it's a trade-off for a smaller gun.

Hey my glock can take 33 rd magazines too, but it looks pretty funny. I have two just for the heck of it, but don't really use them because ammo is expensive and I'd rather get used to shooting it they way I'll be carrying it.

Thanks for the info on lead/jacketed bullets and glock cleaning, I'll be sure to take good care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
          Im not really that good, I was just making a point. I agree it is "cool" to have a extremely high cap magazine, but it is not practical. I am more for teaching good technique and good form and lots of practice, then you wont need as much ammo.

Statistically, most gun fights on the streets go by the rule of threes: 3 shots, 3 feet, 3 seconds. Then it is done. I do own an XD that can hold 12 rounds, but I typically only load it with 10, and I am partial to my 1911 that carris 8 in the mag.

Also, an old saying is, you have a pistol so you can fight your way to your rifle or shotgun. In some cases this may be true.

Practice, Practice and more practice is the most important thing in my opinon, not more ammo. Good luck and good shooting everyone.

Also, +1 what Moonpie said, great weapons, just take care of them or shoot jacketed ammo.

M.M.
          Hey I hear ya! I only use the glock for comedy relief. My main sidearm is my .45 acp as well. One shot, one kill is right! The 9 is just cheap to shoot! And I would never use anything but fmj on any of my autos! (brass not steel)

Comment

My next purchase will be a Kimber 10mm.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The 10mm is a fantastic and often underestimated and overlooked cartridge. Nice choice.

M.M.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                  The 10mm is a fantastic and often underestimated and overlooked cartridge. Nice choice.

M.M.
                  Its definitly a caliber most people are not familiar with. Its about a buck a shot but you only need one!

Comment

Glock 19

Here's a picture of my new gun. I was going back and forth between the 9mm and the .40, but I found the 9mm on sale so I picked it up. I fired 150 rounds out of it today at the range and love it!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sweet! Congrats on a cool purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                        Here's a picture of my new gun. I was going back and forth between the 9mm and the .40, but I found the 9mm on sale so I picked it up. I fired 150 rounds out of it today at the range and love it!
                        Nice, welcome to the Glock 19 fan club!

Comment

Thank you. Now if I can just find some damn ammo up here!

Comment

Working...
                          X