468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here have a dog that will hunt sheds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here have a dog that will hunt sheds?

Anybody here have a dog that will hunt sheds. Thinkin about buying a kit from a Dokken to teach my new pup how to hunt shed racks in the off season...if nuthin else it be a reason to get him outta the house and sumthin my aging dog could do with little stress to his aging body.
    Andros Tarpon 26

I was playin around with my girl this last year kinda training her to do it. She ended up finding two for me probaly could have found more but only took her out hunting for em for 1day. Seems to me the rats have usually bout et up all the sheds by summer.

Comment

Thats great. Yea I have heard that as a shed hunter you and your mutt got about a 2-4 week window to find the sheds in good shape before the vermin get to them. Pending no snowfall of course but thats not so much the issue in NW Tx
      Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Well if your pup has a good nose it's worth a try I had fun with mine and can't wait to she what she can really do next year

Comment

well he can hunt scooby snacks up pretty good so I think we'll give it a go this fall once it cools off and he can think about going outside without starting to pant
          Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Working...
          X