duck hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duck hunting

Can anyone tell me were some good public hunting is around the island and surfside this is my first year hunting without a lease.

I heard that bryan beach is accessilbe and public... not sure if or what you have to do to check in or not.. check on that with TPWD.. others may know. Check TPWD for "public hunts or public hunting lands" you can hunt in the bays as well... and some do I don't know if it's as good up here as it is down the coast... I used to slay pintails down at Mustang island.. use an icefishing sled of some sort to lay in the cordgrass (tall marsh grass at tide line) smooth cordgrass. throw a camo net over you and it's on.. ducks shy away from those big box blinds and it will allow you to hunt anywhere you want as long as it's public. It might be a good year to hunt the bays if we don't get any rain. Have fun,
    t
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

for state land check out Justin Hurst, for federal land check out San Bernard and Brazoria.
      All should be good this year cause the prairie ain't got any water

Comment

this year is going to suck for ducks around here. I'm headed north. Bryan beach is public but you will be hunting with about 30 other people as well.

Comment

you can hunt in drum bay, thats where I hunted last year, I never had a limit but I saw birds, there are some walk in spots, but I always used a kayak.

Comment

Christmas Bay - South Shoreline
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
            X