My Latest Arrow Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Arrow Project

Decided to give building myself some arrows with Trade Points a try. Gave it a lot of thought before I built the first one Saturday. Used a tapered Sitka Spruce shaft so I'd have a better front of center as the trade points are only 120 grains. Cut a self nock into it that turned out really nice. I did change up on my wrapping material and went with nylon thread used on fishing rod eyes for both the fletching and point. I also used the flex epoxy usind on fishing rods to cover most of the wraps for protection. The finished arrow weighs in at 566 grains.

Here is what the fletching looks like with the new wrap materials.

Here is the business end....

Let everything dry over night and before it got hot I took it out for some test shots Sunday morning. It flys out of my longbow absolutely perfect!!! I was a little suprised that the flight was so good and expected I'd have to do some tweaking, but got lucky I guess.

Here is one of the 10 yard test shots. (Yes my old target is due for retirement.....lol)

Here is one of the 15 yard test shots. Had a hard time pulling this one as it found a hole in the deer and was deep in the hay.

All in all I'm very pleased with this one and have started building a set of these. Might even have to give them a try on deer this year...b
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Nice work Derek!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I think your deer target has died 100 + times. Nice arrow.
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Derek that looks deadly!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
          I think your deer target has died 100 + times. Nice arrow.
          Yea I chew them up pretty quickly. This one was new in June......

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
          Derek that looks deadly!
          Hope to find out how deadly come October....
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Good work . You ready for themhogs again?
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              Good work . You ready for themhogs again?
              If it ever cools down, to hot to do anything outside besides sitting in the shade and drinking beer, really cold beer.

Comment

Working...
              X