468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone wanna join up for teal hunting tmrw am?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone wanna join up for teal hunting tmrw am?

I'm thinking of hunting tomorrow morning, either the north shoreline of drum bay on a point, or somewhere in highland bayou marsh, anyone want to join up? I'll be using a kayak, I don't have a boat yet

Didn't see your post until today, how'd you do? I've been thinking about trying a duck hunt from my yak, but just was not sure if it would work out. Drop me a note, if you don't mind, about how you hunt from a yak. I guess my biggest concern is hauling dekes, I can't figure out how I could carry more than on sack full on my X-Factor.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

dude i hunt on a mini x with no problem. id be in heaven on an xfactor.

Comment

yea, I put one sack in the front tied down, and one sack in the back tied down with my blind bag, I can haul 6 dozen if I had that many rigged up, right now I just take 4 doz. then shotgun, mojo, and drybox and spot light at my feet. I'm going to start stowing my shotgun inside though with the new case I got. The main thing with hunting from the yak is camo burlap. You can find it in the hunting section in 12x4ft sheets. You need enough to cover your yak and yourself laying down. I bought 2 sheets, and trimmed one into a 4 ft and 8 ft section. I use the 8 ft for myself, and the 4 ft with the other full 12 ft for the yak, you need plenty of extra length for the yak.

If you want to join up this next weekend let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the invite, but I have family coming down to the beach house this weekend. Maybe we can get together during the regular season.

Comment

I will be hunting regular season on my lease(no yak required). we didn't have water for teal but its guaranteed for big duck so I will be out there.

Comment

Working...
            X