No announcement yet.

Goose hunting 11/12/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir, they have a tough layer, especially if they get cold. Good luck this season.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Cool mjh, I shot my first snow last week and I can definently see the allure of goose hunting. I hear those specks are way tastier though.
      We shoot a lot of blue bill down in POC. Pain in the arse to clean..
      Yep them scaup and redhead are open-water staples. Pain to clean? You ever tried cleaning a merganser?

Comment

My brother lives near a rice field and the field is loaded with geese every day before a cold front. He has them come low enough to shoot around his house. If he had decoys out they would land in his pasture. Most of them are Canadians but I've seen a few ross's with a mix of snows. All I know is that it kills me that I can see them landing but I can't get to them.
        Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
          My brother lives near a rice field and the field is loaded with geese every day before a cold front. He has them come low enough to shoot around his house. If he had decoys out they would land in his pasture. Most of them are Canadians but I've seen a few ross's with a mix of snows. All I know is that it kills me that I can see them landing but I can't get to them.
          I got the decoys. Where is the place at?

Comment

It's in Santa Fe almost to Angola. There is a quail hunting preserve near his house also that you have to be a member to hunt at also. I'm sure if you were a member of that club you could get some goose hunts out there only during days before cold fronts other then that the geese are no where to be seen. I'm sure my brother wouldn't have had a problem with you going out to his house as long as he and his wife got to hunt along side you but unfortunately right now he is trying to sell his house and he is not really allowing anyone to shoot out on his land.
            Son of the Republic

Comment

Working...
            X