No announcement yet.

Bolt action .22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, thanks for the advice, I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
      Do ya'll remember the marlin 880sq? Bolt action that came with a bull barrell and was supposedly pretty accurate. I think they don't make them anymore though.
      Yea, to bad they don't make a bull barrel in a 22 any longer. They do have bull barrels for their 17HMRs but that is it. If you want to be able to knock squirrels out of the tree out to and past 100yds that's what you need. Mine will shoot dime size groups at 100yds. I've also taken hogs out to 100yds, a ground hog in VA. at 225yds and rabbits out to 200yds. Since I got it I've never thought of a 22 again. My son has a souped up 10/22 with bull barrel and all the bells a whisles that is a tack driver at 50yards and he can stay with me, but past that my 17HMR eats his lunch.

Here are a few pics
      Attached Files
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Winchester model 94 lever action I what I use and love it.
        "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
        boom

Comment

How do prices on ammo for .17HRM compare to .22LR?

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
            Winchester model 94 lever action I what I use and love it.
            Love the lever actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              How do prices on ammo for .17HRM compare to .22LR?
              That is one of the down sides to the 17HMR, the ammo runs a little more that 22Mag ammo. There is no bullk ammo like you can get for 22LR, but the way I see it with a bolt action, I don't shoot up a lot of ammo. I haven't bought any recently so I can't tell you the current cost but it is most likely in the $12-$14 per 50 neighbor.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I love my ruger 10/22 takes the nice 50rd banana clip!

Comment

Working...
                X