Deer Hunt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer Hunt Question

Assuming I shoot 2 does. How many coolers should I bring? 1 for each deer or can the meat be combined? The deer will be taken to processor for cleaning, but I plan on having local company process and make sausage etc. Also have another hunter going with me so possibility of 3-4 deer in my Tahoe. What size cooler is sufficient for a partially deboned deer?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Two to at least a 120 qt plus ice is fine , keep the heads with the tag for type of sex identification
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

What he said..
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

You can easily fit 2 deer in a 120qt assuming they are quartered.

Comment

You can put 2 doe in a 120 Qt. igloo if they are quartered, easy. Also put the tagged heads in a trash bag in there with them
          if You want to keep Johnny Law off of You.
          Beandaddy

Comment

Coe one thing you need to know is when you ice them pack them good try not to let the meat touch each other.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You can also pour rock salt on them with the ice to help them cure

Comment

I always quarter mine pack em in ice and put a half box of salt on the Ice it will almost freeze the meat then I keep em on ice and drain out bloody water for 3 or four days then I process them takes the wild taste out IMO
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Just spoke to my buddy we field dress of course but he never cuts the deer up he has processor do that.

If I wanted to bring the meat back with me how can I do that? I'm assuming I just skin and quarter the deer?

Time to watch YouTube to learn bc my buddy said they'll be drinking whiskey laughing it up at me.
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                    Just spoke to my buddy we field dress of course but he never cuts the deer up he has processor do that.

If I wanted to bring the meat back with me how can I do that? I'm assuming I just skin and quarter the deer?

Time to watch YouTube to learn bc my buddy said they'll be drinking whiskey laughing it up at me.
                    Just make sure if someone gives you a deer there is a page in the hunting digest or whatever its called that you can fill out and properly take someone else's deer. It's on the back page I think.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post

thats how you do it ! skin it gut it , get the front shoulders then backstraps then hindquarters the tenderloins saw off your ribs and get the neck roast !

Comment

Yes don't forget the tenderlons. Wrap those like you do you birds with bacon.

Comment

Like riding a bike.. once you get your golden.

Two vi
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Two 120 chest are plenty.
                            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Two Mature South Texas deer (thats close to 400lbs carcus)will not fit in a 120qt if you plan on keeping them iced. especially if your keeping ribs and necks.Just saying
                              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X