Deer Hunt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    Just spoke to my buddy we field dress of course but he never cuts the deer up he has processor do that.

If I wanted to bring the meat back with me how can I do that? I'm assuming I just skin and quarter the deer?

Time to watch YouTube to learn bc my buddy said they'll be drinking whiskey laughing it up at me.
    The best way to learn is to just start and learn as you go. My first deer I killed at like 8 yrs old I cleaned myself. My dad said its a learning experience that you gotta know to be a hunter lol. Then I had to use the deers blood as war paint and had to cut his nads off and take a pic with them on my head lmao. Don't debone them. Let the processor do that. Two deer can fit in one 120. If you are going to be there awhile keep draining the water and blood to bleed it out throughout the weekend. That's what I do.
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpn29 View Post
      i would use one large yetti cooler they are pricey but they pay for them selves over and over again
      I have 3 I like the Yeti's, if my luck holds out 2013 will have me winning a few more at these Broker Lunches lol

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
      The best way to learn is to just start and learn as you go. My first deer I killed at like 8 yrs old I cleaned myself. My dad said its a learning experience that you gotta know to be a hunter lol. Then I had to use the deers blood as war paint and had to cut his nads off and take a pic with them on my head lmao. Don't debone them. Let the processor do that. Two deer can fit in one 120. If you are going to be there awhile keep draining the water and blood to bleed it out throughout the weekend. That's what I do.
      Thanks, however this was posted a year ago. I ended up not shooting one I think they put me in the mule deer section. I may be going back probably not this year but next. They have special permits to remove "X" amount of deers and are under management. They acquired 4-5 new breeders bucks but they just had a new born so the hunts have been put on hold this year. They have still killed a lot.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
      X