Shot some little birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot some little birds

My buddy and I set up for some cranes the other week. Right at first light we had a few hundred right over the dekes, with 50 or so landing in them. 10 minutes later we had 2 land 10 feet away from me and we finished the limits. Those guys are LOUD when they are close, what a rush!

Click image for larger version

Name:	25zjb42.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	571162

I need some of the crane decoys! I shot one last weekend but if I had some decoys they would have landed. Good job.

Comment

Good job ! How do they taste ?
      Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
        I need some of the crane decoys! I shot one last weekend but if I had some decoys they would have landed. Good job.

yes you do, or get on that field where they were landing.

Comment

I need some of the crane decoys!
          They made about 30 by painting cutouts from policial ad posters you see all over and using goose silosock bodies. The cranes came right in, but they also were all over the field later too, and it was foggy, so conditions couldn't have been beter.

How do they taste ?
          I haven't cooked the breasts yet, but I braised the legs/thighs with red wine and it is very good. Has alot of tendons like turkey leg, but quite tasty.

Comment

Very nice. Great kill.
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Way to go Yan! Good eatin'!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice Yan....saw you'd called but I was at Smith Point at a friends helping run fence and my phone ran out of charge. By the time I got it charged...I was charged too and in no condition to call!

Off next Wednesday...if you're interested. Might go down to Gorda...give me a call.
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                X