468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeeeeeeen, Green and Green (and some other assorted trash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeeeeeeen, Green and Green (and some other assorted trash)

Just finally remembered my password (and got off the road after a long winter of hunting and traveling) ... we been on 'em good and some of ya'll have seen this on some of the other forums, but here's to a fantastic bird season. Long since been ready to start catching some fish. Got stubborn last weekend and fished W. Bay and stuck a couple, but my God was the wind bad. My freezer's pretty much empty of scaled critters and duck don't taste so good ... !

Enjoy ... see you on the water ...
    Attached Files

I just have to out my 2 cents in. I don't believe I will be eating any duck sausage! Sorry couldnt resist!

Comment

Paul, that sounds good! Duck always tastes too livery to me. Some good seasoning would certainly improve it.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
        ...got to say that "Paul" hit this one on the nose so to speak. Killer recipe he came up with on this one!!

.....BTW, Killer pic that shows the dog with the birds!!

For sure. Thanks Paul. Gonna do it. Duck plus bacon on the grill usually works out pretty well, so I can't imagine it not working well with sausage. People keep telling me to make smoked link but, last time we did that it turned out almost black - yeeeeeeeah.

Man that dog had some kind of drive. Amazing animal. Got a few more pics somewhere, but ... feeeeeeeeeesch.

Comment

Nice kills.
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Nice mallards, and good drake pickin'

The sausage recipe is a good one, but it had ~50% pork shoulder too. Don't want to use up all my precious duck meat too quick

Comment

What a great set of Pictures. I have friend Mike Halton, who used to own J & M Sausage near Tomball where I get my deer processed, he makes goose sausage very similar to this and the thing he warned me about was the steel shot in the meat grinder blades. I haven't tried it but some of those outlaws down around El Campo say it is really good. I have to believe it would be even better with duck.

Comment

sweet pics

Comment

Thanks guys ... ! Real proud of the year we had ...

Hey 52M-28, try the Hevi-Metal 3" number 3's ... they're not real cheap (I think you can get a case for $213, but I haven't seen a pellet in a bird this year, except for on some of the geese, but they were very obviously shot with Blind Side.

Comment

Working...
                  X