468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're going to use these guys to ship taxidermy ... THINK twice ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're going to use these guys to ship taxidermy ... THINK twice ...

After a long talk about the artwork Birdman was going to do for me, a long gun-case style shadow box with a strap full of geese in it ... I got shipping instructions and headed to the UPS Store in Sterling Ridge in the Woodlands (this was last Tuesday). Paid said proprietor 168 dollars and some-odd sense for priority overnight shipping and sat back and waited for a tracking number and a call from the man himself.

Got the call THIS AFTERNOON that the package was still sitting on the floor at the UPS Store (in Sterling Ridge) and was leaking blood and smelled funny.

Here's the kicker ... said proprietor is REFUSING to honor a refund, so now I'm 160 bucks in the hole and sitting on a package of rotten geese - a honker, a big speckle-belly, and a big snow.

The guy's a crook. I wouldn't even let him ship a ping-pong ball to Mexico at this point. Spend your money at another store ...

*Rant over*

that sucks man , thanks for the info
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

That bites!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Here's the kicker ... said proprietor is REFUSING to honor a refund, so now I'm 160 bucks in the hole and sitting on a package of rotten geese - a honker, a big speckle-belly, and a big snow.

He is only refusing the 1st time.... I would add on the money it takes to be able to get those geese on the ground.... Shells, Guns, Lease, Camo, Practice, Decoys..... What does that add up to ? I don't want to know... How many vids, calls, books have you read ? How much time did you spend, sitting on the back porch, thinking about the perfect coffee table you would have built with that spread and the time you would have spent telling stories with your feet propped up on that coffee table ???
        I think you have lost far more than $160.00....
        Go Get 'em !

Comment

go back there at 8 am, put some rancid cheese, pig guts/tripe, baby diapers, vomit and whatever else (so long as doesn't violate postal laws) in a package and just leave it at the "fill out forms" desk and let it rot on his floor all day-maybe accidently spill it on his desk/countertop/cash register.

OR do what Flatbottom suggests and file a small claims suit against them for $5000. Very simple to do and costs about $50 and ya don't need an attorney (just document everything very well).
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyWayne View Post

He is only refusing the 1st time.... I would add on the money it takes to be able to get those geese on the ground.... Shells, Guns, Lease, Camo, Practice, Decoys..... What does that add up to ? I don't want to know... How many vids, calls, books have you read ? How much time did you spend, sitting on the back porch, thinking about the perfect coffee table you would have built with that spread and the time you would have spent telling stories with your feet propped up on that coffee table ???
            I think you have lost far more than $160.00....
            Go Get 'em !
            Absolutely. Good point. The real bummer was that these birds were my father's ... he doesn't hunt with me much anymore and he hunts waterfowl even less, that hunt happening on my birthday probably meant a lot more to him (and those birds) as a memory than anything else. And further - they were absolutely horrible in the treatment of and their attitude towards my mother when she went to pick the box up for me. So let's see here, terrible customer service, basic out and out theft, AND snotty attitude towards a sweet older lady ... ?!?!? Come on ...

It was mentioned to me also in terms of cost, that if I'd have had to pay restitution on those birds that cost alone would have been nearly 1K ... small claims aside, bad press is "great" advertisement ...

Comment

Oh boy, I gotta get me some of that. Do I order it from the Chief Azz in Charge-Barack Obama?
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

What about insurance ,did you take out some on the shipment. UPS should take this shop holder to task thats one of the worst shipping horror stories Ive heard about invest the effert to burn that stores azz!
                West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I personally believe I'd file in small claims court and sue the bastage-first I'd send a certified mail, return receipt letter demanding reimbursement-you do cert. mail and the small claims court judge will believe you-also, in the suit, name UPS as a defendant also-likely no one will show and you will get a default judgement and then file that of record iin Harris or Montgomery county and make demands for payment of the judgement (certified mail again)-that will get some attention and also your money back and then some. Good luck. BTW, the clerk at small claims will help you fill out and file the forms-pretty darn easy-use the rights afforded you-sue the fockers.

Comment

The bad press is worth way more of my time than small claims, hell, between this thread and the two I posted on other sites - over 2300 people already know. That's worth at least 168 bucks in business he might have gotten otherwise and now won't.

On another note, UPS claims and insurance aside - I learned yesterday that UPS has a general clause that states "they are not responsible for perishable items" - Fed-Ex does NOT have this clause. Just a heads up ...

Cheers ...

Comment

Makes sense they'd put that disclaimer up-since obviously it has happened before!!

Comment

Lets get the FWE gang to head up to his shop and pay him a little visit.

Make his life hell. Call anybody and everybody about this and once he gets enough of you making phone calls to UPS, BBB, ETC... he will cave.

Karma is #itch.

If I get back on my lease next year you can bring your dad and we will get him some new geese.

DB
                        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                        X