Rogue coyote in dickinson area snatching pets, help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue coyote in dickinson area snatching pets, help wanted

Looking for someone to volenteer to trap a coyote or coyote's. Last friday night we were out in our back yard about midnight and heard what we thought was a cat fight behind our shed our dog which weighs about 18 pound ran around to see the comotion to our disbelief a coyote comes running by us with our dog in its mouth and runs off with her sqealing bloody murder. It went into the woods and our dogs sqealing went silent. We live in a residential neiborhood between the highschool and an elementry school. Talking with neighbors there have been alot of pets disapearing. My wife has been very distrought with the situation and just sitting out at night is becoming very spooky to think this preditor would come that close and not be afraid of humans. I've asked T.P.&WL, county animal control and the city animal control for help to get a leash on this preditor and they all said they couldnt help. I live in Dickinson in Bryer Glen addition. If someone would like to help P.M. me and I will direct you to were it came from and were it went.
    I've seen it in my back yard and down the street hanging out accross from the elementry school while children were playing basketball.

Thanks, Mike

i think slincers are legal now .get a clear shot.sorry about the dog.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Im thinking about getting some big arse trebel hooks and hang them from trees with steel cable and see what I can catch, heard of poeple baiting with sausage. It would be a form of fishing but for a diffrent kind of animal.

Comment

A .22 works great.

And coyotes love all sizes of dogs and cats.

Comment

We've had Coyotes eat some cats in our neighborhood. Neighbor laid one out the other day with his 12GA that was trying to attack his Labrador.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Re: Rogue coyote in dickinson area snatching pets, help wanted

A 2 liter bottle over the barrel of a 22 taped on makes it surprisingly quiet! !

Comment

Re: Rogue coyote in dickinson area snatching pets, help wanted

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              We've had Coyotes eat some cats in our neighborhood. Neighbor laid one out the other day with his 12GA that was trying to attack his Labrador.
              At your crib no way!!! City yotes? You must be talking about your parents place??
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                At your crib no way!!! City yotes? You must be talking about your parents place??
                Nope. I found the remains on my neighbors cat. New construction in the area is removing a lot of old & abandon houses near the bayou.

Comment

Get you a Big AZZ Pit Bull! & leave him in the backyard & see how the coyotes handle that!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Fisherman View Post
                    Get you a Big AZZ Pit Bull! & leave him in the backyard & see how the coyotes handle that!!
                    They hunt in packs. The pit would die.

Comment

Yoti's doin what it takes to survive,sorry to hear this about your dog,it will happen again! Man has pushed him to the edge of his territory and now he's hungary,My friend in Santa Fe says he has to feed them to keep them from being a pest, as well as others who throw scraps out for them,That may not be good either! It really sounds like your yote needs to be trapped, if not dispatched some how and remouved before worse yet, someone is hurt. Good Luck!
                      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Funny you memtion pit bull a white one showed up with a white husky about the same time that happened and me and my boy followed them into the wooded area behind the neighbor hood were it went with our dog we decided to turn back but them dogs were evidently tracking that animal. I've never seen them dogs since i moved there 18 years ago. Was kinda wierd.

Comment

I've seen dogs up in the country at the ranch that coyotes have gotten after; they come running back with their azholes eaten out. That's the first place a coyote starts on a big dog.

Comment

set up some snare with bait in the area where you saw the yotes coming in and going out, you'll catch 'em.

Comment

I can tell you a dog does not have a chance with a coyote. I trap varmits in the winter time for there firs. I once brought my redbone hound with me to run my traps and he went after a trapped coyote, well let me tell you my hound got his a** whipped, and to think the coyote had one foot in the trap.

Comment

Working...
                              X