T-29 Days and Counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
    Well one guy cut off the tip of his finger Saturday while working on stuff at the lease and our landowner wants us to disc food plots-what a PITA. I go this weekend and fill/fix feeders, seed plots and hopefully not disc. Apparently the racoons tore up most feeders also. I am almost getting sick of hunting-too much dang work and we got a crazy landowner-last year I was told I gotta leave on Saturday before xmas (my 2nd trip of the whole year) because he had a "date" and was maybe gonna take her back to the ranch-she didn't go but I left-so I got to hunt 1 weekend and 1 evening all year. Lotta work and expense to make only a couple hunts.
    I think I'd have asked for a couple hundred bucks be returned on my lease fees!

Sh!t like that is the reason I bought my own little place. Sure I'll never have the sucess I would on a big money lease, but I don't have the worries either. I hunted at least half the weekends from bow through rifle and the first week of each of the seasons last year and it will be the same this year if the good Lord is willing.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

We don't pay much ($550/yr), so it almost is worth dealing with him.... He kicked one guy off because he was used to seeing 20 deer a day on our old Hill Country lease and he said to landowner, gee there aint that many deer up here, so landowner said to get out since there aint no deer-takes everything so personal and if ya don't bring him whisky, he complains for hours until ya get sick of it and drive 20 miles to get him a bottle. We decided this year to buy the cheapest whiskies and fill expensive Jack bottles and Crown bottles-the owner finishes a 1.5 liter bottle in about 12 hours. He also complains about me having 2 feeders at my blind and complains about feeder placement-"You put it in their trail and now they are gonna bypass that area." Yeah, sure. If I asked for $ back last year, there would be no lease this year-he is always right and we are always wrong.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Well I lost any respect I might have had for your landowner if you can fool him with cheap whisky in a Jack bottle.........

I've been counting and there are 9 days till the opener and I've only got 4 more working days after today. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Im ready, set up last weekend. can't wait.
          "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Well, I had a bad evening yesterday. Popped a cable on my compound, it is an Oneida AeroForce so getting parts isn't easy. I got the replacements orded this morning but I don't know how long it will take to get them.

I figured it wasn't a big problem, I have my longbow so I went in and got it to shoot some after the cable popped. Well that might not have been my best decision as I shot it like Sh!t last night. The words can't hit a barn door keep coming to mind.

Not a problem, I'll be up in a tree come opening morning if I have to do it with a knife between my teeth. I always wondered what it would be like jumping on the back of a big buck......

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
              Well, I had a bad evening yesterday. Popped a cable on my compound, it is an Oneida AeroForce so getting parts isn't easy. I got the replacements orded this morning but I don't know how long it will take to get them.

I figured it wasn't a big problem, I have my longbow so I went in and got it to shoot some after the cable popped. Well that might not have been my best decision as I shot it like Sh!t last night. The words can't hit a barn door keep coming to mind.

Not a problem, I'll be up in a tree come opening morning if I have to do it with a knife between my teeth. I always wondered what it would be like jumping on the back of a big buck......
              Awww man, that really sucks a week before the opener. I have a spare bow that I would loan you......... but Im left handed.

What bow shop do you go to? Noone has the cable in stock around Houston? I use Viking Archery. I know there are stories about the owner, and sadly, most of them are true. But he is not there anymore and his kids run the shop now. They really do wonders with bows. I prefer to deal with Scott, as the other son Kevin is slowly turning into his father. LOL!!

Oh and Ive tried the jumping on them with a knife thing. It doesnt work. Dont try it.

Comment

There is no one currently in Texas that sales or works on Oneida bows. I've been working on my own for years, so if the parts get here in time, I should be ready. I paid extra for fast shipping so I'm hoping they arrive the first part of next week. Getting them installed is not much of a job, I've already got the bow broke down. Timing the bow can be time consuming. Because they operate with toatally independent cams you have to tune the bow so both move at the same time and distance. Not hard work but it isn't something you can do fast.

Thanks for the offer of the spare bow. If I don't have it ready, I'll use my longbow. I can shoot it and stay in practice, it is just not easy out of a treestand. I normally use it when I'm still hunting, so I might be still hunting opening day.

Comment

Working...
                X