West Bay Teal Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay Teal Hunting

My brother and I are hopefully gonna do some teal hunting next weekend and we're wondering if there are any teal flying on the south shoreline. We really have the itch to go before the season ends and wanted to know where y'all are seeing birds. Is there anywhere to hunt along the marshes off the blue water highway between surfside and SLP? Any suggestions are appreciated thanks guys!
    Tight Lines

yall boatin to a spot or driving?

Comment

Either way works. We have the option of both. If by boat we will be going out of sea isle.
      Tight Lines

Comment

Did well years past in halls bayou and new bayou...

Comment

Okay thanks! Is it legal to hunt right off of halls? Away from all the camps of course
          Tight Lines

Comment

If the tide is running high like it has been, it won't be worth the gas. Look for a creek or finger off the bay that is on pasture land and set up there.

The marsh was completely under water today, the teal had way to much water to land in and they did not move much.

I saw a flock lift up off the water circle and land in the flooded pasture 10 yards from the spot they were at.
            Son of the Republic

Comment

Is it necessary to go to the north shoreline? I'm kinda nervous about makin that run in the dark.
              Tight Lines

Comment

You just need to be 250 yards from any residence and not on private property, you are good to go. Use google earth and look for small ponds connected to the marsh. That is going to be your best option near the pass. I'd go to Christmas Bay if I went that way.
                Son of the Republic

Comment

Okay thanks. We hunted regular duck season near sea isle last year. So we could drive/ walk in off of the kayak launches off the blue water highway?
                  Tight Lines

Comment

Yes, that area should produce with this mild cool front and the one coming at the end of the week.
                    Son of the Republic

Comment

Okay thank you sir I appreciate it!
                      Tight Lines

Comment

Sounds like your lined out now....

Comment

Yes sir! Any other tips? This is our first early season teal hunt. I have 3 dozen teal dekes and a dozen mallards (I plan to re paint soon). I've heard mixed advice as to how many dekes we should put out?
                          Tight Lines

Comment

I highly recommend a mojo. Dove or teal will work. I mix in my big duck hens with my teal decoys.

Comment

Okay I might run pick up a dove mojo or borrow one from a buddy thanks!
                              Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                              X