New Converts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Converts!

This weeked my brother and I went down with two of our friends to go duck hunting for the first time, now they are addicted! First hunt it was 60 degrees, SE mild winds, and raining/fog. The ducks poured in and we shot 5 very quickly. Birds decoyed great. That afternoon we went out and finished off the limit with 3 more quickly. Additionally, one of the guys in our group shot a drake that he is going to mount, it was a great one. The next morning it was foggy and raining and a little cooler. The ducks were even more comitted today. Shot our limit of 8 in 30 minutes, and dropped five out of one group. After that we just sat and watched the ducks work the decoys and buzz over our heads by the thousands. I know redheads aren't the premier duck or anything but we all had a blast and the guys we took out are hooked now! It was a great weekend with family and friends.

Last edited by Russ757; December 23, 2013, 09:23 AM.

It was a blast! They are hooked now!
    Tight Lines

Comment

Way to blast em...looks like a good time was had by the smiles.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice hunt! I'm impressed with the whaler. Did it come with center console or did you change it over?

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
          Nice hunt! I'm impressed with the whaler. Did it come with center console or did you change it over?
          No sir we actually sold the whaler and bought a little Dargel Skout specifically for hunting with the low water levels, that Whaler was nice but the Dargel fits our needs alot better

Comment

I'M GLAD YA'LL HAD A BLAST ( HE-HE ) AND THE PICTURES OF YOU GUYS WITH THE BOAT WERE GREAT SHOTS , SUNRISE PIC TOO . THE DECOY PICTURE OF THE BLUE MIRRORING EFFECT IS COOL .....SOME GUYS MAY DOWNLOAD IT AND MURMER " THE COLORS , MAN , THE COLORS " , WHEN DOING CHEMICALS .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ757 View Post
              No sir we actually sold the whaler and bought a little Dargel Skout specifically for hunting with the low water levels, that Whaler was nice but the Dargel fits our needs alot better
              Nice rig!

Comment

Thanks H. Maier!
                Tight Lines

Comment

Killing ducks is addicting. I can tell where you boys are hunting and you shouldn't have a problem busting redheads the rest of the season.

I will be out there some.

Keep at it guys

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Way to go fellas memories!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                      Killing ducks is addicting. I can tell where you boys are hunting and you shouldn't have a problem busting redheads the rest of the season.

I will be out there some.

Keep at it guys

I hope you are right! As soon as it got sunny out things got a lot more difficult. And yes the pictures kind of give it away but that spot is no secret anyways hahaha.

Russ

Comment

Hunting in the evening is the best out there

KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                          Hunting in the evening is the best out there

Yes sir they roost somewhere back east right before sunset, were you in the group hunting out there sunday evening?

Comment

No. Probably my brother. I hunt in Danbury most of the time

KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                            X