Killed me a pig this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killed me a pig this weekend!

Recently my grandpa gifted me a 1965 Winchester model 70 .243 which he just put a new stock and scope on. Anyways we headed out to my buddy's ranch around Edna this weekend. Saturday morning my buddy shot a doe and I passed on a few. They wanted me to kill an 8 pt cull buck nicknamed "unibrow" but he not showed himself once on Saturday evening and didn't quit moving and I couldn't get a clean shot off so I passed. Anyways on Sunday morning we drove to the blind blanketed with thick fog. That morning we didn't see a single deer! But at 8:00 I see a hog run across the path to the right of the blind so I get my rifle up. Then I see another hog come into the path and was about to take a head shot when my buddy says "take the one on the right". So I look over to the right through my scope and the hog is moving, so I put the crosshairs behind his shoulder and popped him good. My buddy said "holy s&@$ that was fast" haha! Anyways we walk up and track him and turns out he only made it about 20 yards. I shot him at about 125 yards and he weighed in at a little under 125. What do y'all think of my first kill with this rifle?

We even caught some trout at his ranch to boot! To round out the weekend on Sunday afternoon I headed to sea isle to try some duck hunting but they just weren't where I was and the only thing flying were Mosquitos. (I counted 27 bites on my hand today lol) also the idiots hunting a little ways from me trying to sky blast those white pelicans didn't help haha! This weekend I had a some good times with good friends... Needless to say I fell asleep at school today haha! Tight lines and God bless!
    Attached Files
    Tight Lines

Very nice wtg man!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice rifle and nice swine!!
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Enjoyed the report and photo.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

it never gets old...
          Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Wtg
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Awesome buddy....up until few years ago I still shot the 243 I got from my uncle at 12. You should be able to drive a nail in at hundred yards. Dang skeeters.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going Mini-X!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Congratulations on the keepsake rifle and hog . Nicely done ! Now get out there a shoot a few hundred more . Dang hogs .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the read and keep your head in the outdoors! Sounds like you had a blast!!! Good eating, them piggies are! Tight lines to you and God bless!

Comment

Great job mini-x!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
                      I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

sweet dude.
                        Karma's a beach.

Comment

Fabulous report and pic. I believe it's called Braun bullets. He has a video on it, pretty awesome. Lord Bless.
                          robert
                          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Thanks all! And Braun bullets? What's that? That's my last name haha!
                            Tight Lines

Comment

Working...
                            X