Birds on the bay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds on the bay.

Duck season opens Saturday and I have been seeing some birds in the bays. This morning I saw a pretty good flock of teal flying towards Lake Jackson.
    Son of the Republic

Get after them. I won't be hunting ducks till second split or I use all my deer tags before then.

Comment

Excited for it. Need to get my gear in order since I half-azzed teal season but should be fun.

Comment

Hope it'll be a good one! Gonna hit it hard tomorrow in hopes for a few birds on a nice cool morning like is forecasted!
        Tight Lines

Comment

Good luck fellas.. I'll be chasing the deer for now. We are holding decent numbers (ducks ) in brazoria.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Had a good time and busted some puddlers with the wife. Weather was perfect and I think most of the other hunters were sitting in a blind waiting for bambi as there was only 1 other group in our general area.

Spoooonnnnie for dinner

Comment

Nothing wrong with a little spoonie. . as I sit waiting on Bambi.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

4 gadwall, a widgeon, a redhead, and 3 red breasted mergansers today!
                Tight Lines

Comment

My area had a bunch of sky blasters and ruined my hunt. They were decked out in duck dynasty apparel, of course and they were in bay boats that were anchored 50 feet from them.
                  Son of the Republic

Comment

Nice. Hailing on mallard calls too is my guess. Can't wait to get in some weekday hunts. I'd rather have a slower hunt all alone than deal with a bunch of barneys nearby.

Comment

Yes there was a lot of over calling and hard blowing. I felt sorry for the birds, the idiots were shooting at anything that would come near their decoys. It was just fortunate enough that they couldn't shoot to save their lives.
                      Son of the Republic

Comment

Shot 9 yesterday and didnt blow the call once

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                          Yes there was a lot of over calling and hard blowing. I felt sorry for the birds, the idiots were shooting at anything that would come near their decoys. It was just fortunate enough that they couldn't shoot to save their lives.
                          That's always fun to watch! What area?
                          Tight Lines

Comment

What area?

Come now, haven't you learned anything from all that TKF drama?

Comment

Working...
                            X