Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Scopesmith located at on 45?

Comment

I-45 to Dixie Farm road near Ellington AFB exit northbound, stay on feeder, look for small sign on right in a warehouse type row of buildings. They have a website, www.thescopesmith.com

Comment

...thanks SCHU. Took a look at the site and I am not looking to go high end on the scopes they sell until I pick up a new bolt gun in the future. Still doing my research on the Burris Eliminator and have read that they were showing the Eliminator 4 at Shotshow as it's supposed to be in field trials. The one thing I am holding off on is the inclusion of a level that is incorporated in the viewfinder/display that has been mentioned.
        Ya know, some may as I have read say that this scope is "cheating", but having the ability to sight/laze/shoot without having to dope the scope when you head out past 300yds is something I need at my advanced age...well, you catch the drift!
        And I am darn sure not going to drop $15k plus for one of those robot guns they are building in Austin.

Comment

Another product video of the scope. With this scope the only other piece of equipment you would have to have on you I think would be a Kestrel....and on that one I am thinking the 2500/3500 models for wind speed, temp, and relative humidity. Heck, some of those Kestrels cost as much as a good scope by themselves when you get into the ones that provide the calculations so that you can dope a regular scope for long range shooting!
          Still looking at this one as well as a decent game call such as a FoxPro. Sure am tired of getting woken up at all hours of the night with these darn 'Yotes around here!!!

Comment

....Got it! Not going to be mounted as pictured as it's a little low for my tastes. Pulled her out of the box and installed the battery that was included and have to say this scope is really trick. You push either the left of right button on the side and within less than a second your range is shown. I hadn't programmed the caliber/bullet weight/load I was shooting so just looked through it.
            Very good optics even down to low light this evening. With just the street lights I was able to see and range anything I was spotting. For predator or hog hunting this scope will do the job. I might add a stand off set of 15w Cree led's on a tripod in red so I can see the hogs or coyotes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eliminator1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	561716

Comment

Good looking scope, Cuda!

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
                Good looking scope, Cuda!
                Thanks! Decided to add some 1/2" spacers to it so that it was easier to get to the charging handle. Took it to the gun shop here in Dickinson across from the Post Office (Buddy's) and he bore sighted it for me. Now off to the range in the next few days to dial it in for 100yds and program it and it will be time to look for some bacon seeds!!

Comment

Got her dialed in to 700yds and shooting sub inch groups. I have to say this scope is what I was looking for as I don't have the need to "dope" it like my others. I am pushing it as this stock M&P 10 is what it is. Good out to 700yds or so but since the barrels are what you have to work with...well.
                  Some have commented on the "skinny barrel" but it gets the job done and I have not seen any issues as far as accuracy when doing my best to hit steel out past where she is supposed to hit.
                  I have found that popping 170gr Barnes or the Nosler seem to work a lot better as they have what I am looking for.

Will see if I can find one of my GoPro's so I can post some vids.

Comment

What range do you go to that has a 700 yd field?
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      What range do you go to that has a 700 yd field?
                      ....Intracoastal!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X