What's She Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's She Worth?

...I just happened to be in the "right place at the right time" this afternoon and came across this little beauty. She's a Remington Model 24 built to shoot 22lr according to the barrel. I took one look at her and had to have this gun as I have never seen one this pretty. Didn't know how old she was until I got home, but knew it was pre 1935. The Gunny that owns the gunshop here in Dickinson went through her and doesn't believe she has ever had the first round fired through the barrel. Original bluing and original wood stocks (Maple) and I can't find a scratch on the metal nor any of the wood. Did a bunch of looking around on the Web and think she was born pre 1928 or so, but shot an e-mail off to Remington to see if they can tell me more. I have no idea what she might be worth.

As pristine as this gun is I don't think I'll be firing her either!

.....here she is......

Wow
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

That rifle looks too perfect and mint condition from those photos to be 90 years old. If it is, someone really had it stored right and you have a fine piece.

Comment

that is beautiful rifle, good find
        Green grass and high tides forever
        Mike Mathena

Comment

Can it down a pig at 1/4 mile away?

Comment

Sweet. If that gun is that old it should be worth a lot.$$$
            Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
              Can it down a pig at 1/4 mile away?
              ....Since my gunsmith after looking at her and told me it looked like it had never been fired I am not gonna be the one to take it's "virginity"! As far as downing Hogs out at reach and grab distances that's what the M&P10 is for!
              I have a ticket in with Remington and hopefully they can at the least tell me when this rifle was made. Tried looking up the date of manufacture and didn't have any luck using both the serial number and barrel stamp. Also I need to have this thing appraised and find out if she's worth anything.

Comment

Friend over on one of the hog hunting sites I frequent turned me on to the Remington Society. According to what I was able to see there concerning barrel codes I think she was born in February 1928 but will let Remington tell me when they answer my e-mail.
                Where can I get this gun appraised here in the area??

Comment

600$
                  FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Maybe Collectors Firearms in Houston or maybe a shop on Pearland. Big guy's I think.

Comment

fly to las vegas and get on an episode w Rick Harrison and Pawn Stars

Comment

did you ever figure out anything?

speaking of shows out there, Ive got a buddy in Midland who ran into and met Danny on the show "Counting Cars"; he told him about a 66 mustang he wanted restored. The guy called him the next day and invited him to be on his show so he's going out to Las Vegas next week to film an episode. He's got a real good looking, movie star looking wife so Im assuming thats why Danny invited him.

Cuba you could be a future star if you did this.

Comment

That thing is beautiful!
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                          X