Red head decoy spread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red head decoy spread

What have yall found to be the best spread for them? I see them on open water in a straight line and wasnt sure if I should set up that way and then I wouldnt know which end to set up on...any help???
    sigpic

They will decoy to any spread you use. Need to be where they want to sit.

Comment

Do not know if this will help you or not: http://2coolfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706946
      Does not hurt to try if you are having problems getting them to come in to shooting range.

In my experience when the birds are not decoying they are usually skirting the furthest decoys. I usually rearrange the decoys where they are skirting them and make a landing hole. Seems to work sometimes.

Ducks sometimes just do not want to be shot at and avoid spreads.

Comment

Set them up in a V formation and sit at the bottom (point) of the V. We used to do that in open water growing up and it worked.

Of course, we could have just been where they wanted to be.

- FP

Comment

Great link rdb...exactly what I was thinking...those redheads seem to like that straight line...gonna try two lines of six to seven dekes at the tips of the spread...get em 40 yards out...also liked what he said on having them too close to the shoreline.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rdb View Post
            Do not know if this will help you or not: http://2coolfishing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706946
            Does not hurt to try if you are having problems getting them to come in to shooting range.

In my experience when the birds are not decoying they are usually skirting the furthest decoys. I usually rearrange the decoys where they are skirting them and make a landing hole. Seems to work sometimes.

Ducks sometimes just do not want to be shot at and avoid spreads.
            This guy is the decoy king but he can't hit the broad side of a barn. I usually have to clean up his misses!
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
            X