Little Blast and Cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Blast and Cast

Headed down after the front pushed through hoping to kill a few ducks. Set up on a south shore cove Sunday AM and was happy to see a few small groups...mostly pintail. BUT those boogers did NOT want to decoy. I dont like sky blasting and was patient...they would circle several times before moving on. Had one group of three decoy and took one down and then a single hen came into the spread and nailed her. After that it shut down so I headed in. Went back out the following morning, close to the same place and saw ZERO birds. They were gone. Headed in and put away the hunting gear and grabbed the rod.

Got up in the real skinny stuff and had a ball sight casting to reds for three hours. They were loaded on the flats and I hooked up maybe ten times and landed seven keeping two. One being a real fatty.

Decided to skip hunting yesterday and fished. Caught four specs early and three were keepers but just barely. Went back to the flats again and caught four more reds all rats. Headed home and done. By far my favorite way to fish...no blind casting...just creaping up on 'em, tossing a bait in front, and getting bit. Norton Bill minnow in pumpkin seed was the bait that caught them all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1282.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	577055Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	577056
    sigpic

Great report BTC, heck of a way to spend Thanksgiving week. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Nice Brother! That red on the bottom is a real football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very nice....Sounds like you've been a busy man.

Comment

Working...
        X