Duck hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck hunting

I was wondering if anyone has duck hunted over in East Bay? I've always hunted northeast Texas and never tried the coast. Just curious about the area just north of Stingaree Marina. Thanks

Originally posted by EASTTEX View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has duck hunted over in East Bay? I've always hunted northeast Texas and never tried the coast. Just curious about the area just north of Stingaree Marina. Thanks
    **CRICKETS**
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Not the bay but we hunted the heck outa the marsh. Historically some of the best waterfowl hunting on the upper coast. In the 60's & early 70's there were several day-hunting operations before it became a wildlife refuge. We'd just pay and get in a string of boats that dropped us off in various locations. In the 80's hunted with Gene Campbell some.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

From my experience that's all part of the refuge. Get out and scout, check local game warden, show them a map. Make sure you are legal and not in a refuge. You will not find many people willing to share a location or even discuss where they hunt. Too many people internet scouting these days to post locations, names of bays or even lakes.

Good luck it can be good.

Comment

I've talked with one guide so far and he has helped me out, I was looking at the refuge but it really seems like a pain to get in there and compete with everyone else. My plan is to get out there with some rods and fish for trout and keep my eyes and ears open. Hopefully by next season I will gather enough intel on what to expect. Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by EASTTEX View Post
            I've talked with one guide so far and he has helped me out, I was looking at the refuge but it really seems like a pain to get in there and compete with everyone else. My plan is to get out there with some rods and fish for trout and keep my eyes and ears open. Hopefully by next season I will gather enough intel on what to expect. Thanks for the help
            I heard they are no longer allowing you to camp out on the road. Instead you call into the main office on Friday for the entire weekend and good luck getting through. I'm curious to see if anyone has had any success actually getting a spot.

Comment

Working...
            X