165 more days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallisville is covered up right now... tens of thousands of ducks
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe,
      One of these days we need to hook up and fish or hunt.
      WS

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
        Teal: Staff anticipates either a 9-day or a 16-day season with a 4-bird daily bag limit.

Statewide: September 18 — 26, 2010 (9-day season)

September 11 — 26, 2010 (16-day season)

Late Season Species:

Ducks: Staff anticipates a "liberal" package from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

North and South Zone: October 30 — November 28, 2010; December 11, 2010 — January 23, 2011.

High Plains Mallard Management Unit — October 23-24, 2010 and October 29, 2010 — January 23, 2011. Youth seasons will be the weekend before opening day of the general season in each zone.

Daily bag limit: Coots — 15.

Ducks — 6 in the aggregate, to include no more than 5 mallards (only 2 of which may be hens); 3 wood ducks; 2 scaup (lesser scaup and greater scaup in the aggregate); 2 redheads; 1 pintail; 1 canvasback and 1 dusky duck (mottled duck, Mexican like duck, black duck and their hybrids) after the first 5 days in each zone.

Mergansers — 5 in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 hooded mergansers

Geese: Staff anticipates that Texas will have a 107-day season for snow and dark geese and a 72-day season for white-fronted geese in the Eastern Zone, and 95-day for all species in the West Zone.

East Zone:

White-fronted goose: October 30, 2010 — January 9, 2011

Canada and light geese: October 30, 2010 — January 23, 2011

Daily bag limit:

Light geese — 20 in the aggregate

Canada geese — 3

White-fronted geese — 2

West Zone (all species): November 6, 2010 — February 6, 2011.

Daily Bag Limit:

Light geese — 20 in the aggregate

Dark geese — 4 Canada and 1 white-fronted goose

Sandhill Cranes: Staff anticipates a 93-day crane season with a 3-bird bag limit in Zones A and B, and a 37-day season with a 2-bird bag limit in Zone C.

Zone A: November 6, 2010 — February 6, 2011

Zone B: November 26, 2010 — February 6, 2011

Zone C: December 18, 2010 — January 23, 2011

I somehow missed this the first time I read this thread. Thanks for posting it. May not be set in stone, but it helps with the planning.

Comment

Cooked up a big pot of duck gumbo, it was so good. I only have a few left and I am ready to restock the freezer. Dog training time and getting gear ready for next year. Great pictures guys, makes for greater anticipation

Comment

Working...
          X