Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonpie View Post
    Oh my!

Yeah, thats a 94. Looks like its has a scope mount base on it too.

Thats worse than I expected.
    Are those big splotches on the barrel actual rust blisters or some type of padding/cloth material(like from inside a rifle case) that are stuck to the barrel?

I'm afraid your rifle is in pretty dire shape.
    Collector value is shot but it can probably be brought back to life as a shooter.
    Is it as bad internally as externally?

Going to require some pretty heavy handed refinishing.
    It can be done but it will require a lot of work.

big splotches: looks like some type of material cause i can pull if off with just a lil tug(it wasnt in a case i think its an old strap).i dont know what the inside look like never looked in it with a light. i was hoping someone here could restore it for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by R C View Post
      Look for the serial # just in front of the lever.
      If it's still readable, go here to date it.
      http://www.rifleshootermag.com/featu...el70WO_200803/
      i dont see it on the list, thats on there.if you could find it here's the number i got from under it 5095495

Comment

Too bad it ain't a Marlin, you could mount it on the wall if it was.

No matter what you do or how much you spend, it isn't going to be worth much. Get some navy jelly and get rid of the rust and use steel wool to get the deep stuff off. Once all the rust is gone, paint it black with something that will not allow moisture to get to the metal and then keep it as a truck gun.
        Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Originally posted by RonE View Post
          Too bad it ain't a Marlin, you could mount it on the wall if it was.

No matter what you do or how much you spend, it isn't going to be worth much. Get some navy jelly and get rid of the rust and use steel wool to get the deep stuff off. Once all the rust is gone, paint it black with something that will not allow moisture to get to the metal and then keep it as a truck gun.
          i was thinking bout get a hunting license this year, just to see what it'll do

Comment

The date of manufacture is probably 1982.

Comment

dang mistreated
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                dang mistreated
                naw not by me, it just sat at my grandma's house for years, before then at another person's house. Thats why im lookn for someone to restore at a good price

Comment

Working...
                X