Goose Hunt Garwood 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goose Hunt Garwood 12/1

Well bluebird day and no wind contributed for a lack luster hunt Wednesday. They did go off the roost when the wind picked up just a little around 10ish. The one chance that we might of had on some speckles got derailed by a bald eagle and a couple hawks...dammit!!!!
    It was pretty cool watching the threesome do there thing and how the birds reacted. Its been awhile since I've seen a bald eagle! Filmed it but they were so high it was hard to make them out...plus all the choice words being spoken...definitely not G rated!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

that sucks. who did you hunt with?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
      Well bluebird day and no wind contributed for a lack luster hunt Wednesday. They did go off the roost when the wind picked up just a little around 10ish. The one chance that we might of had on some speckles got derailed by a bald eagle and a couple hawks...dammit!!!!
      It was pretty cool watching the threesome do there thing and how the birds reacted. Its been awhile since I've seen a bald eagle! Filmed it but they were so high it was hard to make them out...plus all the choice words being spoken...definitely not G rated!
      Have you killed anything this year?

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
        Have you killed anything this year?

Only dove unfortunately...didn't even duck hunt this first half due to work, vacation, family obligations, and the fishing has been to hot. I've been promised the next half a couple a hunts and a sand hill...we'll see!
        Gilbert...hunted with Jesse, his son in law, a guy named Keith, and Jeff from Greyfeather. We had it going, but it was just way to pretty out and NO wind until late. Ducks and geese were everywhere...just out of reach.
        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Only dove unfortunately...didn't even duck hunt this first half due to work, vacation, family obligations, and the fishing has been to hot. I've been promised the next half a couple a hunts and a sand hill...we'll see!
          Gilbert...hunted with Jesse, his son in law, a guy named Keith, and Jeff from Greyfeather. We had it going, but it was just way to pretty out and NO wind until late. Ducks and geese were everywhere...just out of reach.

cool. this week isn't the best for waterfowl but with this coldfront coming, it should be on. I haven't been but the place I hunt has been loaded with ducks. I need to make some time to get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
            cool. this week isn't the best for waterfowl but with this coldfront coming, it should be on. I haven't been but the place I hunt has been loaded with ducks. I need to make some time to get out there.
            You better wait until the 11th!
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

You better wait until the 11th!

the way things are going it won't be till Jan when I go up to Okla to hunt. And even that ain't so sure cause everyones starting to flake out on going.
              Last edited by Gilbert; December 3, 2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I went to my lease in Lissie the friday after thanksgiving and they decoyed real good. Other than that day the birds have been high. I posted a report in the thanskgiving weekend thread. Some pics also.

Comment

Got to wait for them foggy foggy days! Mont you ready for that Cook off ! Gibbys having a Team meeting soon .
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                    Got to wait for them foggy foggy days! Mont you ready for that Cook off ! Gibbys having a Team meeting soon .
                    Lets rock n roll...we need to have it on East Maty!
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                    X