My 8 year old's first deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 8 year old's first deer

Have to brag a little about my son shooting his first deer this week.

We 1st saw the deer walking down the sindero at about 500 yards and after watching and patiently waiting he ended up walking to within 40 yards of our blind. As he got situated to take a shot, the deer saw or heard us and took off back up the sindero. I let out a bleat and the deer turned to look back and before I could get "are you on him" out of my mouth the .223 chirped, the deer mule kicked, took a couple of steps and piled up. Final distance of the shot was 90 yards. I have shot a load of deer in my life, and this one by far was the best one to date. Coolest part were the emails I got from his teachers (public school teachers) asking if he had gotten a deer yet. Think they were as fired up about him getting a deer as we all were.

Yes we are bad parents, we let him skip the last three days of school before the break. Figured with straight A's and no absences this year if he wanted to miss to hunt he had earned it.

Can't wait to do it again....

Youth rifle and scope - $300 ; box of ammo - $20 ; kiddo taking a picture with their first deer - PRICELESS!

Wishing you all a very Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy New Year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	McLaine's 1st Deer.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	568203
    Click image for larger version

Name:	McLaine Deer 2010.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	568204

PS - Not familiar with Taxidermist around the Spring Tx area. Any recommendations????

Good job dad!!

Comment

That's one HECK of a first buck! Outstanding job and missing three days of school for that education is worth it!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

You must be one proud papa! That is a beauty for his first. He'll have high standards now for sure.

Comment

Nice buck for a first deer....Congratulations to your son.
          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Nothing better than when your child kills their first deer. I haven't killed a deer in 3 years. My son killed his first at 5 and has every year since. Great job Dad.

Comment

Congrats!
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Way to go. Good times and memories to last a lifetime.

Comment

Very nice! Great job Dad.
                  fish caller

Comment

WTG-both of you!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

What He learned in those three days, they don't teach in school!!!!! Great job!!!!
                      Beandaddy

Comment

way to go that's a great deer.

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments and congrats. He still hasn't come down yet.

Comment

Awesome buck ! Wish i had some of those on my lease. Congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spots and Specs View Post
                              Thanks for all the great comments and congrats. He still hasn't come down yet.
                              He'll probably be floating for a while on that one!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X