No announcement yet.

How did this little City get here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the post Small Bites. I don't understand the reasoning except $$$$. I see 3 new vehicles for the PD since Ike, plus 2 new boats-for our city, we have way too much police force-plus they drive by only 2-3 times a day, since3 mainly they are patrolling for speeders in front of Cop Shop. I like Vic, but am starting to wonder WTH is going on. Just leave things as they are. The PD already patrols and messes with beachgoers, so why add more confrontation by passing this proposal.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I've lived in Jamaica Beach for only 2 years. During the busier months I take my family further west to another beach with no vehicle traffic, that is raked and kept clean. The kid can run free without us worrying about cars and broken glass and cans. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to have the same at home in JB. But then again I would also like a community pool and a lighted fishing pier.

Comment

They need all the law enforcement for Robalo's Jamaica beach posse.With all the potlickin,shrimp soaking and 12oz bullets they do.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Thanks Chris-now JBPD will be watching me MORE!!! ha ha.

Jig Head; The pool has been talked about for many years-still aint one and likely never will be a pool (I suggest a hot tub or buy one of those blow-up pools for $20 at Walmart). No pier will EVER be built-no land was "saved" for access to make one like Sea Isle did. The issue Small Bites brought up was the plan by the City to instigate paid beach parking ($10/day per vehicle or $30 annual pass, install a gate attendant to collect fees, a few porta-potties and add 2 more police vehicles-a beach buggy (Polaris) and a pick-up truck). It is a money grab-they "closed" the beach to traffic years ago citing "SAFETY" as their reason/concern. Now they wanna open it up for $, screw safety. BS and so is the current city council-I plan to vote against every one of them. BTW, the beach front is about 3300' of frontage-so a helluva lot of expense for 3300' of beach-someone is smoking crack at City Hall-maybe that's why it caught on fire a few years ago!!!!!!!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
            I def don't speed through there.
            i havent sped thru there in 25 years...

Comment

Working...
            X