Obamacare upheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EZ-E View Post
    yep i was pretty pizzd yestreday myself when i heard the results. what got me even more worked up is they struck down the Stolen Valor Law... thats the nut kicker right there. So next time yall see me ... im a delta force seal with 5 purple hearts & 2 medals of honor
    WTF? are you kidding? Godang bullchip. So every POS scumbag welfare mofo obama supporter and even OBAMA himself can claim they were Medal of Honor recipients and Rangers, Seals and Special forces and got 5 Silver Stars, 2 Bronze Stars, the Flying Cross and never even served-and you can put down all that crap anywhere without recourse-another slap in the face to our true American Heroes by the GD Obama Administration!! So focking wrong-I hope DC gets a major Tsunami and washes the shiet out of there into the Ocean. Focking amazing. What next?
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

From the DUMBEST POS ON EARTH SAYING IT IS NOT A TAX:

STEPHANOPOULOS: You were against the individual mandate…

OBAMA: Yes.

STEPHANOPOULOS: …during the campaign. Under this mandate, the government is forcing people to spend money, fining you if you don’t. How is that not a tax?

OBAMA: Well, hold on a second, George. Here — here’s what’s happening. You and I are both paying $900, on average — our families — in higher premiums because of uncompensated care. Now what I’ve said is that if you can’t afford health insurance, you certainly shouldn’t be punished for that. That’s just piling on. If, on the other hand, we’re giving tax credits, we’ve set up an exchange, you are now part of a big pool, we’ve driven down the costs, we’ve done everything we can and you actually can afford health insurance, but you’ve just decided, you know what, I want to take my chances. And then you get hit by a bus and you and I have to pay for the emergency room care, that’s…

STEPHANOPOULOS: That may be, but it’s still a tax increase.

OBAMA: No. That’s not true, George. The — for us to say that you’ve got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase. What it’s saying is, is that we’re not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore than the fact that right now everybody in America, just about, has to get auto insurance. Nobody considers that a tax increase. People say to themselves, that is a fair way to make sure that if you hit my car, that I’m not covering all the costs.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But it may be fair, it may be good public policy…

OBAMA: No, but — but, George, you — you can’t just make up that language and decide that that’s called a tax increase. Any…

STEPHANOPOULOS: Here’s the…

OBAMA: What — what — if I — if I say that right now your premiums are going to be going up by 5 or 8 or 10 percent next year and you say well, that’s not a tax increase; but, on the other hand, if I say that I don’t want to have to pay for you not carrying coverage even after I give you tax credits that make it affordable, then…

STEPHANOPOULOS: I — I don’t think I’m making it up. Merriam Webster’s Dictionary: Tax — “a charge, usually of money, imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes.”

OBAMA: George, the fact that you looked up Merriam’s Dictionary, the definition of tax increase, indicates to me that you’re stretching a little bit right now. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have gone to the dictionary to check on the definition. I mean what…

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, no, but…

OBAMA: …what you’re saying is…

STEPHANOPOULOS: I wanted to check for myself. But your critics say it is a tax increase.

OBAMA: My critics say everything is a tax increase. My critics say that I’m taking over every sector of the economy. You know that. Look, we can have a legitimate debate about whether or not we’re going to have an individual mandate or not, but…

STEPHANOPOULOS: But you reject that it’s a tax increase?

OBAMA: I absolutely reject that notion.

STEPHANOPOULOS: That may be, but it’s still a tax increase.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No. That’s not true, George. The — for us to say that you’ve got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase. What it’s saying is, is that we’re not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore than the fact that right now everybody in America, just about, has to get auto insurance. Nobody considers that a tax increase. People say to themselves that is a fair way to make sure that if you hit my car, that I’m not covering all the costs.

YEPPIR, SURE IS GREAT TO KNOW THAT THE POTUS DOESN'T KNOW WTF HE IS TALKING ABOUT-HOPE YOU GD DEMOCRATS ARE FARGING HAPPY WITH YOUR MORON THAT YOU FARGING ELECTED. HE HAS CERTAINLY BURIED ANY CHANCE TO WIN THE ELECTION-ADD HIS DECEIVING THE ENTIRE USA, HIS OPENING BORDERS TO ILLEGALS SOLELY TO GET HIM VOTES WHICH IS LIKELY UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND HIS INVOKING "EXECUTIVE PRIVELEGE" REGARDING ERIC HOLDER'S GUILT IN THE FAST & FURIOUS WEAPONS FIASCO WHICH RESULTED IN AGENT TERRY'S DEATH BY ONE OF HOLDER'S ASSAULT RIFLES-MAKES YA PROUD THAT HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA-RIGHT? AND MAKES YA WANNA HAVE ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF HIS LIES, DECEIT AND HIGH TAXES.

If you are in favor of Obama, please turn in your US Passport (you obviously are not a true American that believes the USA is the greatest country in the world) and move to China where you fit in as a sheep under the thumb of communists-OK Comrade?
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
        WTF? are you kidding? Godang bullchip. So every POS scumbag welfare mofo obama supporter and even OBAMA himself can claim they were Medal of Honor recipients and Rangers, Seals and Special forces and got 5 Silver Stars, 2 Bronze Stars, the Flying Cross and never even served-and you can put down all that crap anywhere without recourse-another slap in the face to our true American Heroes by the GD Obama Administration!! So focking wrong-I hope DC gets a major Tsunami and washes the shiet out of there into the Ocean. Focking amazing. What next?
        yes sir ... even obama himself can now claim to be a 4 star general. there was a guy in california that started all this stuff a few years back. he was running for a local water board & told people he was medal of honor recipient .... even though he never served in the military. the real messed up part of the story is the lady thta expossed him got fired from her job

www.lonestarkayakseries.com

Comment

It is all part of his plan.Did'nt he sign an exec.order stating something like if there was turmoil or a major part of a war going on that he couls suspend elections?Read this article.
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

i guess the only good news yestrday was that Holder was found in contempt of court ... hopefully the POS gets put under the jail where he belongs
            www.lonestarkayakseries.com

Comment

Possibly the outrage to Obcare could create a large voter base specifically trying to vote him out. I hope this backfired on him,freakin leatch! As the head S.Court Justice said, Its not their job to save We the people from poor political choices, make sure and vote this clown out in November!
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I have $5 saying that even with a newly elected republican POTUS, "Obamacare" stays....any takers???

Comment

If ya'll step back and think about it, this gives people like Fishing guides the ability to afford health insurance...people allways over react to these things....and please explain to me the logic of not having health insurance if you can afford it? If it is a dumb answer like "well it's my choice" then save the keystrokes...
                  Last edited by Tidalguide; June 29, 2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                    ....even though I was not pleased at all with the decision that was handed down this morning I have to say that it was just what was needed to get "King Obama" voted out of office.

With the vast majority of legal voting Americans against this new policy and it being deemed legal under the tax code it was just what was needed to get most thinking Conservatives from BOTH parties to open their eyes to what is actually taking place here in the US.

Listened to "Herr Obama" this afternoon and made a note that if some poor person can't afford to buy their government mandated health coverage they will be given some sort of voucher to help offset the cost.

...OK, so that means that my taxes are going to go out to pay ANOTHER bunch of freeloaders?? WTF???

All the poor people are mostly democrats are NOW going to be even POORER by having to buy health Insurance & not being able to buy food for their family! Thats real nice! I'm SORRY son I had to pay for my health Insurance you can EAT next week!

Comment

I'll take that bet-subject to the Obama being ousted. The Bill is so farged up that even the Health Insurance Companies do not know how the outcome will be; however, they have stated that premiums will go up (due to the millions of added MEDICAID covered folks) and it is the general concensus of the health care industry that overall quality of care will decrease/diminish and people will suffer from having poorer service even at higher costs.

Don't believe me, ask someone on MedicAID (not Medicare) and see how they have a helluva time finding a doctor to even accept them and how crappy the care is. My niece was on Medicaid -(she had Down Syndrome) and was diagnosed with a chest cold when in fact she had swine flu and died from it due to the crappy doctor's misdiagnosis. I hope her doctor treats Obama and his family as well as Pelosi's family-it would serve them right.

YES ROCKY-You are 100% correct-Us TAXPAYERS foot the bill for the same scumbags that we already pay for-effectively we are forced to pay for the uninsured-add the new 10,000,000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS Obama let in and how much more in TAXES will we pay to cover them? Now it is law and the IRS can come after you, take your house, car and savings for not paying the "TAX". Welcome to Animal Farm and the Brave New World!!

Plus, how many organ transplants do you think ObamaCare will cover should you need a heart, liver or kidney transplant and are in his "insurance pool"? My guess is ZERO and you die. Thanks Obama you POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                        If ya'll step back and think about it, this gives people like Fishing guides the ability to afford health insurance...people allways over react to these things....and please explain to me the logic of not having health insurance if you can afford it? If it is a dumb answer like "well it's my choice" then save the keystrokes...
                        tidalguide: YOU ARE SORELY MISINFORMED AND APPARENTLY BELIEVE IT (HEALTHCARE) IS FREE-IT IS NOT FREE-YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BUY IT-PERIOD. Don't forget the employees at minimum wage-let's see, the average policy runs about $600-1700/month and you make minimum wage, so you must buy the insurance because McDonald's or whatever company would rather pay the penalty than provide coverage (providing coverage would almost double their employee expense/cost, so they will not provide the insurance and it is cheaper to pay a "fine" than pay for the insurance -which BTW, the employee is taxed on the amount the company pays for the insurance now under the new law and it is reported as income on your W-2), so Susie Jo making minumum wage must pay $600/month herself, plus her rent ($500), gas ($150), electricity ($100), cell phone ($90) and her monthly income is 40 hours per week at $7.25/hr x 4 weeks = $1160/month. Guess what, Susie Jo can't eat, drive or stay in an apartment-she now lives under the Pierce Elevated eating "Squab" for dinner.

Tidalguide-I don't know where you are coming from, but I think you fail to understand that forcing someone to buy insurance when they cannot afford it is absurd and Susie Jo will have some hard choices to make-should she starve to death, live on the streets or "obey the law"? What is your answer? Under ObamaCare, insurance is NOT FREE-YOU PAY FOR IT AND IF YOU DO NOT, THE IRS WILL FINE YOU!! WAKE UP.

Comment

Also, many companies will now terminate "employees" in favor of hiring them as "contract workers" and thereby not have to provide insurance, so think about that and how it will cost all folks even more money because many were formerly covered at least partially by their employer but when rates go up, they will shift that increase onto employees or terminate them and hire them back as contract workers with zero benefits-no 401k, no life insurance, no paid holidays or paid vacation time. Nice huh?

Plus the cost to companies is expected to decrease overall profits by at least 3% to 6% in increased costs-many companies barely make it at 3% profit after taxes, expenses, etc., so many companies will lay folks off in order to maintain profitability or even close-just what the economy needs when one foot is hanging over a cliff and the other is on a banana peel. Real freaking smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                            tidalguide: YOU ARE SORELY MISINFORMED AND APPARENTLY BELIEVE IT (HEALTHCARE) IS FREE-IT IS NOT FREE-YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BUY IT-PERIOD. Don't forget the employees at minimum wage-let's see, the average policy runs about $600-1700/month and you make minimum wage, so you must buy the insurance because McDonald's or whatever company would rather pay the penalty than provide coverage (providing coverage would almost double their employee expense/cost, so they will not provide the insurance and it is cheaper to pay a "fine" than pay for the insurance -which BTW, the employee is taxed on the amount the company pays for the insurance now under the new law and it is reported as income on your W-2), so Susie Jo making minumum wage must pay $600/month herself, plus her rent ($500), gas ($150), electricity ($100), cell phone ($90) and her monthly income is 40 hours per week at $7.25/hr x 4 weeks = $1160/month. Guess what, Susie Jo can't eat, drive or stay in an apartment-she now lives under the Pierce Elevated eating "Squab" for dinner.

Tidalguide-I don't know where you are coming from, but I think you fail to understand that forcing someone to buy insurance when they cannot afford it is absurd and Susie Jo will have some hard choices to make-should she starve to death, live on the streets or "obey the law"? What is your answer? Under ObamaCare, insurance is NOT FREE-YOU PAY FOR IT AND IF YOU DO NOT, THE IRS WILL FINE YOU!! WAKE UP.
                            I am with Robalo on this one. Fudge that somabiotch Obama.
                            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

For Tidalguide:

If you are a guide and make over $12,000 per year (which if you didn't as a guide, you'd probably be using a wooden rowboat as your guide boat), you are now REQUIRED to BUY Health Insurance-so your comment does not make sense and you thought that "now fishing guides can afford insurance" is somewhat correct-they now can; however, they may not afford to fill their boat up with gas or repair it when it breaks or eat food. Good luck with your thought of the rose-colored world where folks get "free" health insurance-some will-they will get Medicaid-just as they do now and care/services under Medicaid suck and should a guide get cancer (heaven forbid anyone being so afflicted), they will not get good care and will die-just like any medicaid covered individual that is on medicaid today-they do not get treatment at the Mayo Clinic or MD Anderson-they get treated at some broken down, crappy doctor's office. Don't even think they will get a liver, heart or kidney transplant-aint gonna happen.

Comment

All of you guys keep drinking the koolaid. There's still not enough hate out there. I thought this was a fishing website.
                                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
                                X